Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » Critical Questions Investors should ask before Investing
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Critical Questions Investors should ask before Investing

10 Questions to ask before investing online or elsewhere

We are faced with so many investment choices today, it Is sometimes difficult to decide which investment will best serve our purpose; as well as which investments are the safest, while giving us the best bang for our buck. While not specifically indicating particular investments, I want to

give you the appropriate guidelines in determining which investment is best suited for you.

Are you happy with the current 1% - 2% a year that most financial institutions are offering? Or does a higher rate of return appeal to you? There are investment opportunities that do offer a higher rate of return with limited risk. However, there are certain guidelines you must follow to determine which of these investments are best suited for your pocketbook and your personality.

As technology has advanced today, so have new investment opportunities, with higher returns; some, obviously safer than others. While the Forex market is now available to the average investor, it is truly a high risk arena and not appropriate for most. Other avenues of investing, which have not previously been available to the average investor, offer a handsome return, with a low risk. How do you find these investments? By doing your due diligence and following these guidelines I've outlined below.

10 Frequently asked questions:

1. How much money do I need to start investing online or elsewhere?

2. What are the costs or fees associated with the particular investment?

3. Once I've earned money, how fast can my funds be withdrawn?

4. What regulations are involved with the particular investment?

5. How do I assess the risks of a particular investment?

6. What are some of the highest return investments that the average investor can participate in?

7. Do I need to participate in the particular investment?

8. What are the minimums needed to fund the investment account?

9. Is there a guaranteed return on investment funds?

10. Over what period of time are funds held in order to produce a return?

How much money do I need to start investing online or elsewhere?

With the advent of online investing, it has become very easy to open various accounts with as little as a few hundred dollars. For instance, online investing has made it easier to invest in the stock market, including equity and derivatives, along with areas that up until a few years ago, could not be accessed or utilized by the average investor - Forex (Foreign Exchange) trading for one. Now, if there a market out there, it is possible that market can be traded online. So, the prudent advice would be to start with what you are comfortable in investing.

What are the costs or fees associated with the particular investment?

Many investments do charge fees or subscriptions as part of their service. The question to ask yourself would be, Is this fee or charge too detrimental to the potential profit? In other words, am I investing enough to offset the fees or charges that are going to erode my earnings? You will need to look at your potential profit and subtract the account charges from your profit to determine your actual percentage of profit.

Once I've earned money, how fast can my funds be withdrawn?

This question falls under the term "liquidity". With some investments, like equity stock, it is possible to buy the stock one-day and sell the next or even within hours or minutes of the purchase. This is typically referred to as Day Trading". Keep in mind that there is also a settlement period of 3-5 days before the funds are realized. Other investments may want you to commit your funds for a period of time before the principal and profit can be extracted. If it is possible to extract funds earlier, you may be charged a penalty for doing so. For instance, if you buy a CD (Certificate of Deposit), the bank usually wants you to keep that for a specified period of time and you are rewarded with the appropriate interest depending on the length of term that you have committed to, typically, the longer the term, the greater the reward, but remember, you have diminished your liquidity. Shorter-term commitments increase your liquidity and this is something to keep in mind, particularly if you might find yourself in need of these funds at some point in the future.

What regulations are involved with the particular investment?

When talking about regulations, we must first decide in what arena the particular investment falls public or private. For our discussion in this book, we have limited our focus to areas outside of the real estate market and have primarily been referring to investments of money into equities, bonds, CDs, commodities and the like.

On the public side of things, the largest regulatory agency is the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission). With the Security Exchange Act of 1934, Congress created the SEC and empowered the SEC with authority over all aspects of the securities industry including oversight of brokerage firms, transfer agents, clearing agencies as well as the self-regulatory organizations (SROs). SROs are such entities as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange and the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASDAQ). The SEC has the power to administer disciplinary action and will prohibit certain types of conduct.

On the private side of investment are those investments not required by law to register with the SEC, which can include private companies, trusts, corporations or LLCs, but who may wish to post their financial and significant information regarding their business as a show of good faith" to their investors. This gives the company legitimacy, more transparency and validity for any investor they may wish to attract. In private transactions, as much information as can be gleaned before investing, including knowing the principals, the track record and seeking out satisfied investors, would be a prudent move. The more disclosure, the better it will be for your peace of mind.

How do I assess the risks of a particular investment?

As we discussed in the previous question, doing your due diligence is always advisable and educating yourself on the particular industry and investment vehicle, may turn up other areas of concern. Move forward only when you feel comfortable and confident with who and what you are dealing with. Seek out other advice from professionals as well as talking with other investors particularly those who have specific experience with the type of investment you are considering, but remember, don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch" when it comes to soliciting investor advice. Get a broad range of facts and opinions in order to formulate the most prudent and judicial analysis.

What are some of the highest return investments that the average investor can participate in?

In trying to answer this question, one must look at the relationship between risk and reward. Typically, the higher the risk, the greater the reward and vice versa. It is not uncommon for an individual equity stock to post tremendous gains on an annualized basis many times over 100%! One small cap stock that I am familiar with grew 1600% over the past decade. Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it, but it's not. Please keep in mind that this particular stock is an exception, not the norm. In fact, most stockholders recently have been happy to see a profit at the end of the year and are happy just to avoid a loss.

With that said, there are plenty of other offerings that provide huge upside potential with limited risk. One of these is in the physical commodities buy/sell contract arena. This particular area of commodities has been highly mischaracterized because most people and investors tend to lump these types of investments in with futures or exchange traded funds, and nothing could be further from the truth. Physical commodities buy/sell contracts are pre-arranged cash contracts that typically range anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or two in length, thus offering greater liquidity and at the same time, offering lucrative returns with limited risk. This is a relatively new arena for the average investor because it has been the arena of the very wealthy, although, now there are companies emerging that offer the average investor participation at smaller amounts than what previously required.

Do I need to qualify" to participate in the particular investment?

Depending on the type of investment vehicle and the amount of money required to invest along with the level of risk, will dictate whether or not a person needs to be considered as an accredited" investor. In terms of individual investors, this type of classification refers to the individual or couple gross annual revenue or net worth. Typically, net worth is considered accredited" at or above $1,000,000 or an individual who has an income in excess of $200,000 in each of the 2 previous years or a joint income with that person's spouse in excess of $300,000 per year. Outside of that, the basic rule is whether or not an individual has sufficient liquidity to invest without harm and has the appetite for the given risk.

What are the minimums needed to fund the investment account?

This will vary from investment to investment. You may have a mutual fund that requires a minimum investment of $2500, whereas you may be able to participate in an equity stock with as little as a few hundred dollars - it all depends.

Is there a guaranteed return on investment funds?

Outside of a CD, loan or bond, there is no guarantee of return. Anyone telling you that the return is guaranteed is, more than likely, misrepresenting the risk associated with the typical investment. With most investments, you should hear that past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Over what period of time are funds held in order to produce a return?

I covered this somewhat in a previous question, but the answer to this depends on the particular investment vehicle. For instance, a CD may hold funds for months or years depending on the rate of return being offered. With equity stocks, you can buy one minute and sell the next. Every investment stands on its own rules and how the vehicle works in producing a return for the investor. Certain investments with a specified time period and a projected rate of return help to minimize risk especially long term risk, and improve liquidity. Depending on your investment objectives, a diversification of an investment portfolio is also very much advised by most in the investment arena in an effort to hedge against one area or another producing a devastating loss. It is also a good idea to rank your priorities in terms of liquidity, risk and reward. What's most important to you will ultimately dictate the type of investment you may wish to seek.

For additional information go to: http://www.siteproweb.com/20-questions-lead-page

Critical Questions Investors should ask before Investing

By: BG Thomas
Advantages of investing in gold bullion coins Why should you hire a Compensation Lawyer? The Importance Of Hiring A Lawyer Basic Stock Investing Rules - Every Successful Investor Should Follow Retirement should mean wondering how you found time to work Investing And Decorating A Garden Studio Felony Case Or Simple Misdemeanor - There's A Need For A Defense Lawyer Why you must be cautious while investing in the gold bullion? Are Pre Foreclosures for Sale Good for Investing? Investing in a super king mattress A Private Harm Lawyer Protects Your Rights An Important Step - Investing In Your Own Car How to Pick out an Accident Lawyer?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.190.207.176) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.017650 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 82 , 11369, 176,
Critical Questions Investors should ask before Investing Pirapozinho