Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Doing What It Takes for Children
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Doing What It Takes for Children

Doing what it takes for Children

Before I get started, I want to ask you in advance to bear with me. What I'm going to suggest will sound controversial, yet I am confident that if you indulge just a bit, you might see the soundness of my argument and perhaps make it your own position as well.

Ill open with a disclaimer: what I am about to say goes for the average, well adjusted adult. This should be completely disregarded in reference to the mentally or emotionally unstable.Doing What It Takes for Children

With that said, let me begin. I have reduced the many opinions regarding how to discipline ones children into two broad categories: the verbal and the physical. Once upon a time, or rather for most of recorded history, the physical was the dominant method in the disciplining of children. Today on the other hand, the verbal dominates.

Regarding as to whether or not you think one way is more effective than the other, the fact is that most people today do not use physicality to enforce their household rules.

On the surface this might look as though it is an improvement. It appears to be another progressive step in the story of civilization. But I think that there is another side to the story as well and one that is perhaps not as flattering to the way adults discipline their children today.

Every parent enjoys when their child is well behaved. It feels good to reward a child who deserves it and it is one of those pleasures that is unique to parenthood. Conversely, no parent enjoys having to discipline children. It does not make a parent feel good to have to send her kid to his room or ground him or make him loose out on something he wants to do or get.

And herein lays the issue. Is it that parents no longer use physical discipline because verbal reprimanding is more effective? Or is it because mastering the art of disciplining children is a task and responsibility of parenting that is no longer an aspect of parenting that modern parents are ready to commit to?

It is one of the hardest parts of parenting and yields no immediate result. It's not like you tell your child to go to his room and he turns around and tells you with an understanding smile " thanks mom for putting me in time out, I know this will give a profound sense of responsibility for my actions and make me a better man when I get older"

We do not what our children to be mannequins or wild asses. There needs to be a balance on the part of parents between doing the pleasurable thins that benefit their children and doing the disciplining which also benefit their children albeit a less pleasurable part of their responsibilities. I'm not advocating physical enforcement, I'm suggesting rather, the parents must commit to the whole package and not attribute soft discipline to enlightenment.
Wood Porch Swings Are Not Just for Kids, For Grown-Ups Too Learn Exactly How to Get Pregnant With a Boy - Tips to You Conceive a Boy Naturally and Safely Dangers Of Teens And Texting Eight Easy Approaches To Creating Cheap Bunk Beds For Children Teens And Driving: Age Appropriate? Top Companies Which Deliver Child and also Youngsters Rain Boots Where to get cool baby boy gifts? All you need to know about baby boy gifts to send Angry Children and How to Manage Them Little recognized things about inexpensive child boy gifts Karate For Kids - Why We Should Get Our Kids Looking At Other Martial Arts Styles How To Get My Child Into Modeling Coal Minner Boy James Malinchak Turns Millionaire Understand How
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.83.150) / Processed in 0.011134 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2922, 956,