Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Christmas Decorating
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Christmas Decorating

Christmas Decorating

While decorating the house for Christmas is a joyous affair

, the prospect of it also fills me with a certain apprehension. Things have not gone smooth in the past. Every year, before starting the decorating process, I think Now what is going to go wrong?

First up is the Christmas tree. For years we had a real tree, but since moving into a condo I bought a very beautiful, very real looking, artificial tree. This tree comes with a stand and every year I battle my head off trying to put the stand together. The thing is so complicated it practically needs a manual.

I try to assemble it myself, but end up calling my son for help. He greets the putting together of the stand with a frown and a How did I do this last year?

After some head scratching and fiddling with screws it always a relief to hear him say There, its done.Christmas Decorating

Next up are the light for the tree. What a nightmare that is!

No matter how carefully I try to roll up the string of lights when putting them away, when I need them again they come out all tangled up and I spend the next half an hour untangling them.

Draping the lights into the tree is no easy job either. Starting at the top, working my way down, I found that the string did not make it all the way down to the bottom, and so I had to start over.

Perfectionist that I am I also want the lights evenly distributed, with no unlit gaping holes in the tree. To get this right takes a considerable amount of fiddling and adjusting the string.

Now for the balls. I have a red and gold theme and try to alternate a red ball with a gold ball. Trying to make this work out is also a job and a half. Several times I have to reposition balls and adjust them so they show to the best of their advantage.

For the finishing touch there is tinsel. To drape the tinsel in the tree, I once again start at the top and work my way down. Sometimes I find myself short of tinsel, when starting over I find that I have too much.

All this happens under close supervision of five cats. They sit on the floor and the back of the sofa, just waiting for me to turn my back so they can reach out and touch something.

When I tell them No, dont touch, this is just to look at, they stare back at me with pleading eyes. I keep a spray bottle filled with water handy, just in case they get ideas.

When not looking at the tree, they peer down in a box of home decorations, seeing if there is anything of interest in there.

Home decorations have to be put up high, where they cant reach them. Whether its balls, bows or holly, I have to take my cats curiosity and jumping abilities into consideration.

Still, decorating the tree and the house is well worth the time and effort. When I switch on the lights for the first time, something magical happens and even the cats gaze in admiration.

by: Conny Manero
Holidays Are A Turkish Delight Saints Clare And Francis And Christmas Get The Best Airlines To Fly Anywhere Bali Villas Holiday Staff Cruise - Oriented Focus Of Vietnam's Tourism Romanic Hotel In Suffolk Vinh Long Countryside Tourism The Ski Season Is Here! How To Assemble Camping Tent Airports In India Darjeeling & Sikkim Trekking Dining In India New Jersey Nissan Dealer Reveals Great Holiday Deals At A-z Year End Sales Event
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.116.62.239) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.006613 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 2971, 954,
Christmas Decorating Atlanta