Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Children and Money
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Children and Money

Children and Money

Children and Money

Have you ever noticed that your children seem to think that money grows on trees? Wouldn't that be nice! I am here to help you put your children on the road to handling money responsibly now and for years to come. Remember, when it comes to teaching children about money, sooner is definitely better.
Children and Money

At a very young age, children love to collect and save pennies. I remember my six year old would love to go into my husband's closet and pick up all the loose change on the floor. With this in mind, families can talk about the family's budget together.

Now, I don't want you to worry your children about bills or making enough money. But, it does mean explaining to them there is a certain amount of money that comes into the house and there are certain expenses, such as food, utilities, the mortgage and clothing that must be paid for with that money.

You can also explain that there is a set amount every week that should be saved for emergencies. Now, you do not have to go into details about how much, just the concept will suffice. When you start giving them an allowance you can explain to them that they should do the same and save a certain amount. Once children learn how money works, they often display an instinctive conservatism. You want to make sure you channel this urge in the right direction, it can determine the kind of financial manager your child will be as an adult. An allowance can be an effective teaching tool. Giving them small amounts of money when they are younger, helps them prepare for when the numbers are bigger and the stakes are higher. Along the same lines, you will want to teach your high schoolers about banking and credit. This will make them more savvy when they move out to go to college or start their career. Teach your older children how to use a check register, balance the check book and how to use a credit card (the right way). I cannot tell you how many adults I have met that have never kept a check register and just trust the bank's balance. Believe it or not, banks do make mistakes, not to mention fraudulent charges that could go unnoticed if they do not keep track of everything. Credit cards are a wonderful way to increase your FICO score, if used properly. Teach your children that you should never put anything on their credit card they cannot pay off by the end of the month. If we play our cards right, we can create very savvy financial managers. I, for one, plan on doing all that I can do. I hope you will too.
Add Privacy and Security to Your Child's Bedroom Window with Decorative Window Film DHA and Fish Oil For ADHD - How Docosahexaenoic Acid Omega 3 Helps Your Child With ADHD Getting Pregnant After Years of Childlessness – Things You Should Do Multiplication for Little Kids Do a Reverse Cell Phone Search To Find Out Whom Your Kid Is Speaking With Reading Lesson for Little Children Rare lottery shiny legendary beast Pokemon Center plush toys have arrived How to Introduce Color to Little Kids How To Save Money In Child Custody Cases Teach Children the Way to Manage Money Participate in Volunteer Work with Children to gain wisdom and experience Parenting Kids - How to set boundaries Learn how to set boundaries in parenting kids
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.39.23) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.011971 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2576, 956,
Children and Money Tel Aviv