Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Childhood In Wazirabad Quite An Adventure
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Childhood In Wazirabad Quite An Adventure

In 1935 we i.e. my parents (Mr. S. Misbah Ul Haq and Mrs Binnat Khatoon), sister (Parveen) and I started living in Railway Colony in Wazirabad, a small town in District Gujranwala, Punjab, Pakistan. My father was in railway service in those days. I was admitted to C.S (Church of Scotland) Mission high School in class one.

Once I went to an annual funfair with neighboring family at the Pulkhu Nullah' (Pulkhu was the name of a small stream). I was about 7 at the time and had not told my parents as I thought I was in safe hands. On my return home I found my mother was very furious. She tied me with a rope and enclosed me in a basket. After some hue and cry and apology I was and long last released from bondage'.

It may also be mentioned that the same woman with whom I had gone to the fair was very conscious of her very dark skin. She said she had tried many things to lighten her skin tone but failed. Once she asked my mother for some remedy. By humor my mother suggested using Brasso-a cream used for shining brass articles. She actually used Brasso and my mother was simply surprised what she had done rather was interested to see the result.

The Railway Colony was a very neat and well-managed area. We had two cricket teams, one for boys and the other for men. I was captain of the former while my father was captain of the latter.

In the vicinity of the cricket ground was a water tank with many pillars. Right below the water there was a big wooden plank on which I used to sit with or without friends to see the cricket match if any, read books or just have some chit chat with friends. On return I used to hold the pillar from the top and slide down which I enjoyed very much though a little dangerous. I would go to the place of and on with or without friends and even when there was no cricket match.

My father used to bring some cricket articles like bats from Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan which is famous for sports' goods. Would you believe it that once he brought a good quality bat for me in only eight annas(An old Indian currency (Rs I -an Indian currency consists of 16 annas).

We had a beautiful brown extremely well behaved and clean kitten called sundry' (beautiful). Whenever I would return home from outside, she would jump and run to welcome me as soon as she heard ringing of my cycle bell. This she would do only for me as she was very much attached.

As my mother was interested in literature and fine arts she encouraged me to read books and magazines in general in addition to school textbooks. We got in touch with a famous publisher in those days Dar-ul-Ishait Punjab, Lahore' to send us not only books and magazine for elders like the famous journal Tehzeeb-i-Niswan'. For children a weekly Phool' was also subscribed with other books like those of Paisa Library' ( Paisa was a currency at that time) etc. Books from the Paisa Library' were had by children by saving a Paisa a day. At the end of a month the member was entitled to a children's' book from a list which had titles like Parion kee khahaniyan' (fairy tales), Jinno kee Kahanian (stories of Genies), etc. I would often sit with my friends under a high, shady and beautiful Eucalyptus tree in our Garden and read out some of these publications. We also played some indoor games outdoor under the tree.

Some of our relatives who used to visit us included my maternal grandfather Syed Mohammad Shah, my paternal grandmother Ghulam Fatima, an aunt Mobarik Begum and uncle Safdar Ali Shah who was working in Muslim India Insurance Company.

Once when my paternal grandmother came to visit us I refused to go to school at least for one day when I started playing with her. At one time I jumped from one bed to another at about two yards of distance. In doing so I hit my chin with one bed and I started bleeding. I was immediately rushed to colony clinic where doctor Yousef Shah stitched my wound and I was alright after sometime but a mark still remains on my chin. Dr Yousef had come from Quetta after a catastrophic earthquake had hit Quetta, Balochistan, in 1935. Wife and children of Dr Yousef perished in the earthquake. After some years Dr Yousef remarried and he and his family remained our good friends throughout life. I particularly remember his wife Taj Khala (aunt) and two sons Yahya and Paizee.

In Wazirabad I got a small Japanese cycle with two small extra wheels at the rear for safe learning. This was my first cycle and I still remember that it just cost Rs 20 and was brown in color. Later on a bigger cycle in Rs 45 was bought from Sialkot. One day I was called for a slow cycling race in school. Soon I was stopped to hear that I had gained a position. I was also given a prize of a beautiful inkpot with two colorful pens.

I used cycle t go to school. One day when I was about to return home I found my cycle lying punctured in the room. I told my father about it. He complained about it to the headmaster of the school. What was found out was that a mischievous student had done punctured it. He was punished in the school assembly hall by the second master Mr Talib who slapped the student while all other students were standing in the assembly hall. After that my cycle was got repaired and I restarted using it.

One day it so happened while I was in class three that I suddenly started posing like Alexander the Great. I raised an army from my class. We started for a campaign outside the school during the longer Friday prayer break one day. We reached a tunnel on the other end of which were several urchins who started throwing stones at us through the tunnel. We reacted violently till the urchins were defeated and fled the battlefield. When we moved a little further we thrust our steps into a hell-like hot earth of a brick kiln. As it was burning hot we came out of it some how and the army returned to school. The teacher had by that time standing with a stick with nails. We were actually late to class. The teacher beat us with the stick and it hit so hard that it left marks on our palms. We vowed not to ever form any army again and I above all decided not to impersonate Alexander the Great ever again.
Children Behavioral Disorders Teenage Makeup Ideas Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2 Rodrick Rules Easy Ways to Teach Your Kids about the Importance of Earth Day A Trip to the Theatre Creates an Engaging Experience for Children What Are The Factors In Child Anger? – How To Deal With Child Behavior Problems Kids' Toy Storage Boxes – Popular Picks For Kids Let Your Children Enjoy College the Right Way Popular Demand For Kids Wear Rich Presta Self Help Products: Panic Puzzle, Anxiety Free Child Program, Emetophobia and Paruresis Toys for All Ages Lawn Mowers, Safety, and Children A Good Combination? California Cyber Bullying Laws to Protect Your Children and Teens
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.89.60) / Processed in 0.015588 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 6364, 956,