Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Canon PowerShot S95 Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Canon PowerShot S95 Review

Canon PowerShot S95 Review

The slim design, only 3.9 x 2.3 x 1.2 inches makes the Canon Powershot S95 a great choice for the amateur photographer who wants to keep his or her camera handy for those off the cuff shots.

The S95 Powershot also adds to this by having the superb HS system which gives terrific results in low light conditions like those party celebrations.

Features of the Canon Powershot S95:

-10.0-megapixel sensor combined with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor creates Canon's HS System

-Capture 720p HD video in stereo sound; play back on an HDTV via the HDMI output -f/2.0 lens for low light conditions or shallow depth-of-field; control ring for intuitive manual control

-3.8x optical zoom; 28mm wide-angle lens; Canon's Hybrid IS to compensate for angular and shift camera shake

-Capture images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards

Pros of the S95

Compact design allows you to keep it in a pocket

HD Video with a mini HDMI connector for instant display on a Hi Def monitor or TV

Good range of recording modes lets you shoot in RAW which gives highly detailed images without JPEg compression noise or distortion The Canon 28mm wide angle lens with 3.8x optical zoom.

Hybrid IS technology to get rid of the dreaded camera shake.

Cons of the S95

HD video is only 720dpi although this is adquate for most of us. Canon seem to have concentrated on low light picture quality rather than overly technical HD imaging

No auto focus whilst in video mode, if you are going to be taking a lot of video this may cause you to re-think.

The flash has a tendency to pop out if you place your fingers in the way. This can be annoying if you are taking a lot of shots.

Conclusion:

The Powershot S95 is possibly one of the best point and shoot cameras available at the moment and the quality of the images it takes will take some beating.

Canon Powershot S95 Buyer Reviews: (Edited for space full reviews available at the link)

Amazon Fan: "I'm in love with this camera. I won't go into details about picture quality because it's as good as its predecessor; there are examples all over the Internet. And of course the S95's 720 HD video is a big improvement over the standard video of the S90. "

Amit: "I got this camera to replace my Canon SD880. I had considered getting the S90 but decided to wait to see if they fixed some of its usability issues. With the S95, they have."

Frank: "The Canon S95 is perfect size for me. It takes great pictures and the macro works perfect. "

Powershot S95 v Panasonic LX5?

The LX5 wins on the size of the ccd chip and has a quicker focus, wider angle lens and a hotshoe but I need low level light image quality and a compact size so the S95 is the one for me.

This is, after all a point and shoot camera so the ability to stick it in your pocket for those chance shots is important.
Mending Your Financial Problems Umbrella Strollers: Buy the Right One! A Review Of The Nutrisystem Flex Program A Review of "Ahmad Khawaja: Back To Life" GuyGetsGirl Review - Is It Worth Your Investment? Use A Tandem Stroller While Strolling Conveniently around the Park Stop the Bull- My Review Xomax - Capsules Review A Review of the Nookbooks Library and the Nook for Android App by Barnes and Noble Aspects to Search for in a Jogging Stroller ETF Trend Trading Review: Here's What This Course Offers Selling Structured Settlement - A Brief Review Reviews of Graco Quattro Stroller
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.254.28) New York / New York City Processed in 0.012429 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 50 , 3078, 385,
Canon PowerShot S95 Review New York City