Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Budget Accommodation and Hotels in Delhi
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Budget Accommodation and Hotels in Delhi

The tangle of reservation channels is not likely to be simplified soon

. But with regard to the easy accessibility of hotel reservations on the Internet directly booked from hotel websites with their own integrated reservations systems, the system is working. If you think hotels will never stoop to the level of airlines charging extra for anything that isn't bolted down maybe you've never heard of Delhi budget Hotel.

Sure, rooms at this cut-rate Chanchal Hotel are cheap. Hey, don't laugh. Two decades ago, if I'd suggested airlines might someday charge for the first checked bag, or to make a reservation, or for soft drinks, you probably would have dismissed it as the uninformed conjecture of a cub reporter But look at us now.

Over the years, our company has assumed management or conducted operational reviews of hundreds of hotels. Obviously, manybut not allof them had big problems, so we've had the opportunity to have an intimate look at the workings of all types of hotels, both Delhi Budget Hotel and Luxury Hotel we've noticed some commonalities we think are symptomaticand, therefore, instructive.

What are some of the positive commonalitiesthe good signsthat a Delhi Budget Hotel offers? To begin with, well-groomed, uniformed, name-tagged employees who greet guests with a smile make an excellent first impression, both on guests and new management companies. Sharp curb appeal and public-space cleanliness are usually signs of good things to come. Once you get more "into" a hotel's behind-the-scenes areas, things become clearer: Orderly offices, storage spaces and housekeeping areas are examples of the good signs that usually follow good first impressions.

On the other hand, we always seem to find a messy front desknot necessarily on the working surface but in drawers, cabinets and storage closetswhen we take over a troubled hotel. Clutter, disorganization and years of dust and trash appear in virtually every problem property. We inevitably find old furniture, out-of-date supplies and never-to-be-used "spare maintenance parts" left in storerooms and maintenance shops. This usually happens in hotels where management claims to lack sufficient storage spaceanother sign of rampant disorganization.

Now, I'm not saying these shortcomings are the cause of mediocre profitabilitybut I am saying they're signs of management's poor organizational skills and lack of focus on orderliness and cleanliness. And here's another thing: Management's lackadaisical attitude toward keeping things organized and clean most certainly influences employees' attitudes about their own work habits. Unkempt employee restrooms, for example, not only are a sign of management's lack of concern for staff, but set a poor standard for what management expects of those same employees in keeping guest areas clean.

In well over half the problem hotels we've been retained to manage, financial statements do not conform to the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry. This makes it difficult, if not impossible; to compare a hotel's operating results to similar hotels. Most of the owners and managers of these properties were aware of the Uniform System but didn't consider it worthwhile to change their accounting systemin other words, they thought had a better way of looking at their accounting data than more 80 percent of the other hoteliers in the world. Now that's arroganceit reminds me of the soldier who was marching to a different cadence, then had the gall to tell his sergeant, "Everybody's out of step but me."

If you don't make sure every last detail of your hotel is well attended to, you're out of step and marching rapidly toward big trouble. Make lists of what needs to be done to make your property as immaculate as can benot only in terms of cleanliness and orderliness, but operationally as well. Maybe a good place to start is organizing and cleaning the front-desk area and working your way through the back-of-the-house areas that your guests don't see.

Look your hotel over carefully and critically. If negative symptoms like those I've described exist, you need to ask yourself where your priorities really lie.

By: Rashi
Budgeting 101 Consulting Hypnotists For Financial Stress My Video Talk Review Change Your Place Change Your Luck - Five Fast Ways to Change Your Financial Luck spybubble review - the almost all convenient registry tidier on the planet Scion Review and Specs Revealed! One Of My Best-kept Secrets To Make More Money With Little Or No Risk OKI C3450 Review A Review Of The Aeg L11842 Washer Dryer Outer Finance Institutions, South Carolina * The Additional You Go, The Higher It's All About Location- 5 Well-liked Areas To Spend Money On Timeshares Reviewing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Important Guidelines - Reviews Of Heal-N-Soothe
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.13.229) / Processed in 0.012805 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 4421, 385,