Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » ADHD Problem Child - Looking At Lifestyle Changes So That Your Child Has a Great Chance in Life
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

ADHD Problem Child - Looking At Lifestyle Changes So That Your Child Has a Great Chance in Life

ADHD Problem Child - Looking At Lifestyle Changes So That Your Child Has a Great Chance in Life

The first problem that parents have to face when dealing with the ADHD problem child is whether to medicate or not. That decision has to be an informed one and any parent should avoid well meaning advice from a school teacher who probably is looking for a quieter life and recommends stimulants such as Ritalin and Adderall. That is really no long term solution at all. In any case, a teacher is not a medical practitioner.

So what are the lifestyle changes that can give the ADHD problem child a better chance in life and he or she will turn out not to be a problem after all? That should be the aim of any parent who is raising an ADHD child. The label 'problem' only makes things worse and ADHD needs to be seen as a difference rather than a problem or illness. It is after all a very mild mental disorder and there is no need to exaggerate its impact.

Here are the lifestyle changes that I know have worked for many parents. How ADHD friendly is your home? Is there a structure and a routine which is so well established that everybody automatically does it and getting ready for school can be a relatively smooth operation. Diet, limiting media time and plenty of green time are other lifestyle changes which can be a godsend.

Because of distraction problems and short attention spans, we have to help the ADHD kids with checklists, post its, repetition reminders and so on.

As regards behavior problems, we should have a rewards system in place and that can reinforced through stickers and prizes. Making sure that even minor instances of good behavior are noticed and praised helps a lot. Unacceptable behavior can be dealt with by dealing out consequences. Once you have been through a child behavior modification program, you can soon learn lots of ways and strategies for dealing with all sorts of behavior problems as and when they arise.

When the ADHD problem child is older, the question of teenage driving and accidents has to be dealt with realistically and sensibly. The statistics from research at Central Michigan University, show that ADHD teenagers are four times more likely to have an accident or get their licence suspended than normal teenagers.

I know parents have dealt with this by making sure that they drive together with their children just after they get their licence. They also insist on no mobile phones in the car or at least the phone is in the silent mode. They insist on practice driving and trying to establish what sort of distractions hinder their teenager's judgement. Thinking through all the consequences of any action on the road is a great way to teach good driving skills.

As we can see the ADHD problem child need never be that if the correct lifestyle changes are made and if the parents are aware of other treatment options apart from psychostimulants. That is why I have prepared a website on this which I sincerely hope you will find helpful.
Can You Cure ADHD? - Looking At Realistic Solutions To Really Help Your Child i just want to slap my child he's not listening to me Parenting ADHD - Getting The Facts And Then Deciding What Is Right For Your Child Dance Lessons For Children: Help Your Child Gain Confidence! Die at Sundown - A Child's Tale Do You Know All The ADHD Answers? - Selecting The Right Answers To Give Your Child The Best Chance Is ADHD For Life? How To Make Sure That Your Child Will Be Able To Cope ADHD And No Medicine? - Looking At Alternatives To Give Your Child A Better Chance in Life ADHD Problem Child - How To Manage Anger And Keep Your Sanity! Weaning Off ADHD Medication - Some Factors To Consider So Your Child Can Get His Childhood Back! The Appropriate Way of Taking Care of Children Behavioral Problems Common Colds In Children Kc Power And Light Hotel Traveling With Children
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.181.52) / Processed in 0.013055 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3086, 956,