Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » A 'HOW TO' GUIDE FOR CHOOSING A LAWYER FOR THE RIGHT JOB!
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

A 'HOW TO' GUIDE FOR CHOOSING A LAWYER FOR THE RIGHT JOB!

Selecting a Lawyer

Have a problem but are unsure whom to turn to? Talking to the right type of attorney at the start cuts down on a lot of time and missteps. Find out what type of attorney you need and what area of law your situation is covered by.

Personal Injury, such as auto accidents, medical malpractice, products liability (injuries from a defective product), brain injuries, wrongful death, dog bites, etc.

Family Law, including divorce, custody, and child support.

Criminal Defense for all types of charges.

Business Law, both transactions and litigation.

Estate Planning, from simple wills to complex trusts.

Real Estate, both commercial and residential.

Bankruptcy.

Workers Compensation.

Selecting a lawyer is a big step and more than a little intimidating. Whether you go with a family friend, a coworker's recommendation or a lawyer online or in a directory, there are a few things you should know.

Select a lawyer whose experience matches the area of law you need. You wouldn't use a divorce lawyer in a personal injury lawsuit.

Choose an attorney that is in good standing. Check out what other lawyers say about your selection using Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review RatingsTM.

Find out what other people say about their experiences with a particular lawyer with Client Review Ratings.

Meeting with an attorney can only help you get the facts and make an informed decision. It never hurts to seek expert legal advice.

Learn more about selecting a lawyer on the web, from the yellow pages, or from referrals. Remember, knowledge is power and the more you have the better selection you can make.

12 Questions To Ask Your Potential Lawyer

Here is a handy checklist of basic questions to ask before you hire a lawyer:

1. What is your experience in this field?

2. Have you handled matters like mine?

3. What are the possible outcomes of my case?

4. What are my alternatives in resolving the matter?

5. Approximately how long will it take to resolve?

6. Do you recommend mediation or arbitration?

7. What are your rates and how often will you bill me?

8. What is a ballpark figure for the total bill, including fees and expenses?

9. How will you keep me informed of progress?

10.What kind of approach will you take to resolve the matter - aggressive and unyielding, or will you be more inclined to reach a reasonable settlement?

11.Who else in the office will be working on my case?

12.Can junior attorneys or paralegals in the office handle some of the substantive legal work at a lower rate?

When it comes to understanding your legal issues, Lawyers.com is the place to start.

By: Cheryl Stephenson
Investing In Your First Car A Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help You Defend Against A Misdemeanor Charge A Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help You Defend Against Murder Charges A Lawyers Favorite Lawyer Jokes Investing In Bangkok Condos Stock Investing Newsletter - Basic Examination of a Stock Best Retirement Community Short Sale - The Needs Needed in Property Investing How to Find a Reputable Virginia Criminal Lawyer Exactly why Diversification is so critical for investing Benefits of investing for newsletters A Criminal Defense Lawyer Minneapolis is what you need if arrested in Minneapolis A Minneapolis Murder Lawyer can help you through the devastating charge against you
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.45.253) / Processed in 0.013433 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 64 , 2981, 176,