Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » "Despicable Me" Movie Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

"Despicable Me" Movie Review

"Despicable Me" is a highly effective mix of oddball humour, off the wall slapstick and touching sentimentality which, although not groundbreaking, is a thoroughtly enjoyable caper which will put a smile on the most hardened of faces.

Gru (voiced by Steve Carrell) is a Master criminal who has never quite made it. Despite a series of impressive gadgets created with the help of his sidekick Dr Nefario (Russell Brand), he's never managed that one big heist that would make his name. This is something his mother (Julie Andrews) is all too keen to remind him. So when young upstart villain Vectorsteals a pyramid, Gru decides to go for his big dream: kidnapping the moon. But his first step involves adopting three orphan girls and they turn out to be something of a major distraction.

Combining sharp black comedy with a warm feel good factor is never easy, but this Movie makes it work with a clever use of sharp characterisations and vocal casting. Despite a total lack of superheroes to provide a counterpoint, Gru is a hilariously ghoulish baddie yet there are clearly childish traits constantly rising to the surface. While the little girls are headstrong and fearless they also show a vulnerable side and could even be described as adorable.

This is a hight octane film that combines humour, stunts and special effects to great end and is one of the better animated movies to have graced our screens in recent years.

Sit back and enjoy this easy to watch, incredibly funny family film.
"Death of a Dinosaur: The End of the Annual Performance Review" "Canon rebel t2i review" can help you for buying decision "Building a Chicken Coop" Review "Brutally Honest" IM Tool Suite Review "Born into this": a review of three seasons of HBO's "The Wire" "Attention WoW Newbies-Why Do You Need Leveling Guides"-Reviews4Free "2nd Chance" Review - Read First Before Buying "20 Minute Payday" Video Course Review - My Results Your Most Important Financial Decision: Choosing A Spouse Xmas Procuring On A Finances World Of Warcraft Money Reselling With A Twist World Of Warcraft Cataclysm Mt. Hyjal Preview William Hill Poker Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.156.122) / Processed in 0.010072 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 1588, 385,