Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » What Causes Tooth Loss? How many times a day should I brush my teeth? When should a Child have his/her First Dental Appointment?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Causes Tooth Loss? How many times a day should I brush my teeth? When should a Child have his/her First Dental Appointment?

What Causes Tooth Loss? How many times a day should I brush my teeth

? When should a Child have his/her First Dental Appointment?

What Causes Tooth Loss?

Teeth are necessary for talking and chewing, but there are many things that can happen in life that can cause a person to lose them. Illnesses, injuries and bad oral hygiene can cause tooth loss. Additionally, bad oral hygiene can leave dentist no choice but to perform a tooth extraction. Losing one's teeth can be very frustrating and it can rob a person of his or her self-confidence. Fortunately, thinks to the advances in cosmetic dentistry, a person can get artificial teeth. Artificial teeth or dentures closely resemble real teeth; sometimes it is hard to tell that one has false teeth.

The placement of false teeth is common in the practice of both general dentistry and implant dentistry. Before getting false teeth, the dentist performs a very thorough oral exam. After performing an exam, the dentist will usually decide whether or not it is best to extract the remaining teeth. If he or she decides to do that, a tooth extraction will be performed prior to placing the artificial teeth. The dentist will usually have the patient wait a few weeks, then place the false teeth. The price of dentures vary greatly depending on the dentist, but one can expect to spend at least a few hundred dollars on them. However, that price will be well worth it because a price cannot be put on a smile.

How many times a day should I brush my teeth?

If you are avidly interested in general dentistry, or just someone looking to keep good dental health, and are wondering how many times a day should you brush your teeth, then check out how a little background knowledge into cosmetic dentistry and overall dental hygiene can benefit you.

The first thing you want to consider when looking to get clean teeth through regular brushing's is the type of toothbrush you use. There are two core variances of tooth brushes, those that are electric, and those that you use manually. With a high dollar brand name electronic tooth brush you will find you will get a higher degree of cleaning and plaque removal in a shorter amount of time, than you could achieve with a basic manual tooth brush.

Another factor that determines how many times a day you should brush your teeth is the toothpaste you use. While the difference in clean isn't as large with brand names of tooth paste as there is with tooth brushes, there is an altering factor with pastes and gels approved by the ADA being preferred.

Now that you understand a little bit about general dentistry and clean teeth, you can make the decision on how many times a day it is necessary for you to brush your teeth. With higher brand names of tooth brushes and pastes, you can get away with two times a day once in the morning and once again before bed, but to assure clean and if you use a manual tooth brush you want to look into brushing about three or more times a day with once in the morning, once after lunch, and once before bed, but any time after a large meal, or even a snack is a perfect time to negate the build up of plaque.

When should a Child have his/her First Dental Appointment?

The AAPD recommends your child see a dentist when his/her first tooth erupts which is usually the time of their first birthday and no later than three years of age. The most important aspect of the child's first initial visit to the dentist is to become comfortable and to get acquainted with the dentist and staff. If your child's first visit to the dentist encompasses a comfortable and pleasant experience, they will not pick a fight when it's time to go on their dentist appointments because the first visit has helped build trust on the part of the child and will serve to ease the child's perceptions of future dental visits.

One way to ensure that your child's first visit to the doctor is a pleasant one is to visit a well established children dentistry that specialize in the area of being able to handle the needs and different personalities of children. It may also help a child feel more comfortable on his or her first visit to the dentist if a parent or guardian can also stay in the room until a time that they are comfortable going alone.
Gain Most Adoration Out of Your Smile With The Aid of Implant Dentistry The Importance of Dental Care for Puppies How many times a day should I brush my teeth? When should a Child have his/her First Dental Appointment? What is Cosmetic Dentistry? Porcelain Veneers Advantages over Lumineers | What are Dental Braces? How to Pick your Dentist Insurance Plan For Dental United Health Care A guide to dental insurance in the uk A San Fancisco Dentist Can Replace Teeth With Dental Implants Harrisonburg VA Dentists Answer Dental Questions Alta White Teeth Whitening Review - A Secret That Most Dentists Don't Want You to Know Some Vital Points To Remember Before You Visit A Dentist For Teeth Whitening Should You Pay A Visit To The Dentist? Global Market Comments | Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) | Macro Millionaire Trading Service How To Find Reliable Dentists In Blackburn
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.200.169.91) / Processed in 0.013594 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 4403, 964,
What Causes Tooth Loss? How many times a day should I brush my teeth? When should a Child have his/her First Dental Appointment?