Insurances.net
insurances.net » Life Insurance » Do You Need Long-Term Care Insurance? Three Questions to Consider Before Making That Decision
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Do You Need Long-Term Care Insurance? Three Questions to Consider Before Making That Decision

Do You Need Long-Term Care Insurance? Three Questions to Consider Before Making That Decision

In the United States today, the options for paying for health care are numerous

. For some, their workplace pays all the bills. (That's a company I want to work for!) For most workers though, health insurance costs are split between employer and employee. And for those who work on their own, or don't have an employer, they foot the health bills themselves. If a person can't afford health care, or chooses not to buy it, they use hospital emergency rooms as their first line of defense. (Note: the exception is the state of Massachusetts, where every citizen must have health insurance or pay a hefty penalty come tax time.)

- Term Insurance

Health insurance is fine for ordinary expenses. But what do you do if you or a member of your family has a debilitating illness that demands long-term care? For how long does ordinary health insurance pay your medical bills? Is it smart to buy a long-term health policy now when you and your family are healthy, just in case?

- Term Insurance

Here are three questions to ask before making a decision.

1. Does your family medical history suggest that you may be genetically disposed to developing a chronic illness such as diabetes or Alzheimers?

Sadly, there are indications that certain medical conditions are genetic or likely to be so. Alzheimers in particular, is still a mystery, but as our population ages, more of our citizens are being diagnosed with this affliction. Research suggests that some strains are genetic.

2. Do you have personal assets other than your primary home that need protection in the event your medical insurance is fully depleted?

Long-term care insurance will cover some of the expenses for home care, assisted living and/or nursing home bills. If you don't have insurance, these bills are paid directly by you. A life time of savings can be totally depleted in just a matter of months.

3. Can you afford long-term care insurance?

This last question is personal (as if the others were not) and you need to consult your financial advisor and estate planner if you have one. Consider your current age, current assets, projected life expectancy, cost of monthly premiums and determine: is it worth it for me? What would happen if I didn't have long-term care insurance? If I or one of my family got sick, could I afford to give them the care they need and deserve, and for how long?

If you decide to carry this insurance, I strongly urge you to shop around and compare policies.

Check the details of the policy. Here are just a few:

What are the determining factors that you need before applying for benefits?

How long after these determining factors "kick in" do you have to wait before you receive your first payment?

Are there limits to the amount the insurance company will pay each day? Each month?

http://www.terminsurance.pannipa.com/2009/10/do-you-need-long-term-care-insurance-three-questions-to-consider-before-making-that-decision/

By: kadinblog
Long Term Care Insurance Tax Advantages Choose Your Personal Life Insurance Plan Term Life Insurance Rates What Factors Determine Term Life Insurance Rates Several Basic Tips On Getting Cheaper Term Life Insurance Choosing The Best Life Insurance Option For You How To Take The Guesswork Out Of Buying Term Life Insurance Trauma Insurance Questions For The Nz Life Insurance And Nz Health Insurance Market What Can Permanent Life Insurance Do For You? A Lot! Gerald Seymour: His Life and The Dealer and The Dead Getting Ready For Long Term Care Insurance The Basics Of Long Term Care Insurance Tax Benefits Of Long Term Care Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.205.3.18) / Processed in 0.013682 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 3838, 953,