Compare Life Insurance Quotes & Save
Comparing life insurance quotes can be an onerous task as there are so many policies available in Australia
. However we'll help you in your quest by outlining what points you should compare to find the best policy.
Before we start, what exactly is life insurance Australia? Unlike life cover in the U.S., life cover in Australia is called term life insurance. Your beneficiaries or your estate are paid a lump sum benefit if you pass away. You are also protected as long as you pay your premiums for the duration of your cover and in some cases be covered until age 99.
Compare life insurance quotes and research
Make sure you do your research before you sit down and compare quotes. You should firstly decide on the following:
* How much life cover you need - you can calculate this by multiplying your annual income by ten; however this is just a rule of thumb. You should take into consideration all your debts, including your mortgage, credit card and any loans. If you have any dependants like children or elderly parents you may like to factor in education and nursing care costs.
* Which insurer to go with - make sure you choose a few reputable insurers to compare quotes. Focus on staying with a company who has an A, AA, or AAA rating.
* If you also need TPD insurance or trauma insurance - choosing to bundle your policy with TPD insurance or trauma insurance may reduce the cost of your premiums, compared to buying stand-alone policies.
Compare life insurance quotes for men and women
After you have a few quotes in hand sit down and compare each one. You should look at things like:
* The cost of your premiums - you should compare both monthly and annual premiums. Annual premiums are usually cheaper compared to paying monthly premiums, but in the end it depends on your cash-flow and what you can afford.
* Additional features - many insurers offer additional features to their policies like a double benefit payment if death is accidental, free child cover, and funeral advancement benefits.
* Exclusions or loadings - see if you have any exclusions or loadings placed on your policy, resulting in a higher premium or protection gap. These can either be standard (already built in), or added to your policy due to your personal circumstances.
Compare life insurance quotes and Save
If comparing policies is too difficult, or you find it hard to understand, then you can seek the services of a financial adviser on an online insurance comparator. These services are usually free, and it gives you the opportunity to ask any questions concerning the quotes you have. A financial adviser can suggest a policy best suited to your needs.
by: Grant Main
Inexpensive Term Life Insurance Plan - How Prices Are Decided Sumitomo Life Insurance Company - Swot Analysis - Market Research Reports On Aarkstore Enterprise Good Things About Compare Life Insurance Policies Adding future Insurability To Your Life Insurance 'reveal Deep And Secret Things To Me About My Life, Dear Lord!' How Principles And Chores Can Help Your Life The 50 Plus Life Insurance Plan Guide Intrigue And Astonish - The Life Of A Northridge Bmw Driver Standardization Of Medigap Insurance Plans The Life And Times Of Lanyards The Number Of Battery Charge And Discharge Directly To The Life Of A Single Battery Charge Saving Money On Life Insurance Taking Care Of Your Dog - Pet Insurance Plan