Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Smart Way to Buy a Timeshare by:Robert J. Howells
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Smart Way to Buy a Timeshare by:Robert J. Howells

There are two main avenues to purchasing a time share; on the retail market or from a reseller

. It looks like it is a case of 'you get what you pay for' which is true of many things in life, and there are advantages to both. Let's explore these two choices together.

We've all received the postcards and letters in the mail that we usually pitch into the trash, or the telemarketing call or the email for a weekend vacation special. If you are one of those people who automatically get rid of them without looking into them, you could be missing out on some great vacation bargains here!

Taking advantage of these can give you exposure to some wonderful vacation opportunities at a very low price. They're offering, so why not take advantage? The advantage of buying from a developer is that they will finance you. If you are unable to secure a loan on your own, especially during these times of tightened credit, you can still take advantage of the life of relaxation and leisure that buying a timeshare allows. As with any property purchase, make a decision that you are comfortable with and best serves your needs. Timeshare experts are advising to buy timeshares from major corporations or established time tested resorts. Most of these timeshares are points based systems. The points can be used to stay at other time share resorts within the family of that corporation and in the case of RCI points-based resorts, exchange to any of their more than 4,000 resort locations around the world - or to pay for cruises, airline tickets, car rentals or hotel rooms. The current points systems are quite wonderful and very competitive. The watchword here is 'flexibility'. These points' plans have been designed with this in mind, to make your timeshare experience easy and enjoyable.

The other option is to buy timeshares on the reseller or after-market. You may pay less, but when buying from a reseller you must pay cash or secure alternate financing on your own. If you buy from a reseller there maybe limitations or benefits that do not pass from the original sale. The advantage of purchasing from a reseller is a lower cost if you are in a position to pay cash.The Smart Way to Buy a Timeshare by:Robert J. Howells

Why purchase a timeshare?

Buying a timeshare can redirect possibly lost vacation dollars into a piece of vacation real estate that will fulfill your vacation needs for the rest of your life. You will have guaranteed vacations for yourself and others in your family, build your own equity, beat vacation inflation and have the privilege of using Bonus Time at your resort or through the exchange company. Then, you can enjoy other leisure time above and beyond the timeshare week(s) that you purchased.

How long do I get to stay at the resort if I purchase?

It depends if you choose the timeshare weeks or timeshare points system. In the timeshare weeks system, timeshares are typically sold in intervals consisting of a seven-night stay, so you purchase your time in 7 day increments for 7,14,21 or 28 days. In the points system, it depends on how many points you purchase. Each week you buy is assigned a certain point value depending on the size and type of unit you choose and the desirability of the location compared to other locations.

Can I use the resort at other times in addition to my week usage? No, not normally. Most resorts only allow you usage of their resort facilities while you are there on vacation. There are some timeshare resorts that allow their owners to use the resort facilities year round. This is good if you live within close proximity to the resort. Most resorts offer additional time to owners at a special reduced rate. This is also referred to as bonus time.

What do the terms fixed, float and banked week mean?

A fixed week is your pre determined, scheduled week that occurs the same week each year. A floating week is a week with in a designated season and you can reserve any week within that season based upon availability. A banked week is a timeshare week deposited in one of the exchange companies to be saved for use at a later time or exchanged to another resort.

What is a point system?

You receive a certain amount of points to use as you choose. Points are assigned to you annually, which you then use to pay for your stay. This system allows the buyer a great deal of flexibility. Additional points can be borrowed from your allotment for the following year or, in special cases, purchased from the exchange company to complete an exchange.

What is red, white-yellow, and blue-green time?

This is a color system used for rating the desirability of a timeshare week. Red is the most desirable followed in turn by white and yellow. Blue and green are assigned to off-season or quiet time. You should now have a better understanding of what to expect when buying a timeshare. So get out there and enjoy!

For a unique opportunity to test-drive a RCI Points timeshare for FREE for the next three years of usage with payment of the annual maintenance fee visit: http://www.FreeTimeshareGiveaway.comThe Smart Way to Buy a Timeshare by:Robert J. Howells

About the author

I am an internet marketer specializing in the timeshare and real estate field.

I develop internet marketing campaigns utilizing pay per click marketing with the major search engines. I create keyword optimized landing pages for organic search traffic. My goal is to create compelling offers and strong calls to action to maximize results from the traffic I generate. I have over 28 years in the timeshare sales and marketing field.

For a unique opportunity to test-drive a RCI Points timeshare for FREE for the next three years of usage with payment of the annual maintenance fee visit: http://www.FreeTimeshareGiveaway.com
The ABC's of Selling your Timeshare by:Robert J. Howells RCI - the largest Timeshare Exchange Company in the World - Review by:Robert J. Howells Timeshare Rentals (Everything You Wanted to Know, but Where too Afraid to Ask) by:Robert J. Howells TIMESHARE RESALE IN A NUTSHELL by:Robert J. Howells Superb Chinese Restaurants In Fascinating Brussels by:Tameikea Bonvillain Come Over Pleasing Brussels And It's Knockout Private Golf Courses by:Tameikea Bonvillain Well-formed Brussels Has The Finest Brazalian Restaurants by:Tameikea Bonvillain Superb Private Golf Courses In Interesting Brussels by:Tameikea Bonvillain Superb Museums In Interesting Brussels by:Tameikea Bonvillain Superb Golf Courses In Engaging Brussels by:Tameikea Bonvillain Superb Brussels Has The Supreme Historic Cathedrals by:Tameikea Bonvillain Pretty Brussels Has The Utmost Chinese Restaurants by:Tameikea Bonvillain Come By Shapely Brussels And It's Pleasing Eateries by:Tameikea Bonvillain
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.129.19.251) / Processed in 0.016016 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 38 , 6003, 954,