Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Great Britain's Crown Jewels
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Great Britain's Crown Jewels

Author: Kendall

The British Crown Jewels are one of the most popular pieces of jewelry in all the world. This includes all te regalia and vestments worn by the Kings and Queens of the UK during the coronation ceremony and other important events. This article is about the famous pieces making up the British Crown Jewels. Hope you enjoy it! Crowns There are a number of crowns included in the British Crown Jewels. St. Edwards Crown is the first. This crown was made in 1661 and includes 444 precious stones. It's made of gold and is extremely heavy according to some British monarchs. The Imperial State Crown is another one. It was made for King George VI in 1937. It too is made of gold. The crown includes 5 rubies, 11 emeralds, 17 sapphires, 273 pearls, and 2,868 diamonds! The Cullinan II is one of the diamonds included in the Imperial State Crown, which is also called the Lesser Star of Africa. The Imperial Crown of India is stored with Great Britain's Crown Jewels, however it's not considered one of them. The Crown Jewels were to never enter another country, and therefore this crown was created for King George V as he visited Delhi. Wives of Kings more than likely wore the Crown of Mary of Modena. It seemed like with each new Queen consort, a new crown was made for them to wear. In each crown, the famous Koh-i-Noor diamond was placed. Orbs & Sceptres The Sceptre with the Cross is held by the monarch in his right hand during the coronation. It includes the famous Cullinan I Diamond, which is called the Great Star of Africa. The Sceptre with the Dove has a dove atop it which symbolizes the Holy Spirit. It was created in 1661, the same year that the Sceptre with the Cross was made. This Sceptre is held in the left hand while the right hand hold onto the Sceptre with the Cross. At this moment, the monarch is crowned with St. Edward's Crown. The Sovereign's Orb was created in 1661 also and is made of gold. On top of the Sovereign's Orb is a cross which represents the monarch's role as Defender of the Faith. Other Crown Jewels During the coronation, five swords are used. The Jewelled Sword of Offering, the Sword of State, the Sword of Spiritual Justice, the Sword of Temporal Justice, and the Sword of Mercy are all five swords. The Crown Jewels have been kept in the Tower of London since 1303! Armed guards defend them.About the Author:

Hello my name is Kendall and I write about weddings, jewelry, and fashion for Silverland Jewelry & Gifts which is located in Raleigh, NC in the Sutton Square Shopping Centre.
It's official Luvs suicidal The Spirit's Effective Call – Irresistible Grace Don't Get Stuck With The Wrong Pair Of Nighttime Driving Glasses Discover How To Choose The Best Auto Shipping Company Must Do The Math- 'only 100 Calories' Aloe Vera, It's not just a Plant Save Me Money and I'll Buy from You Glimpse of hope for Alzheimer's Disease Patients Killtest IBM 000-028 Free Real Q&As; United States: Multilingual Potpourri & English Tutoring Borrow Wisely & Help Tide Over Recession! Hunt Horses And The Risk Of Injury Using Promotional Clothing Is A Good Idea Because Of It's Popularity
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.81.144.39) / Processed in 0.012159 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 2853, 952,