Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Glimpse of hope for Alzheimer's Disease Patients
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Glimpse of hope for Alzheimer's Disease Patients

Author: Lenneice Drew

A drink that helps those who have Alzheimer's may soon be on the market According to CNN, scientists looked at 225 patients who had mild Alzheimer's, according to an examination. Some took the drink researchers call Souvenaid, and the control group participants received a non-medical drink, once a day for 12 weeks. Those who were digesting the medical drink showed significant improvement in the delayed verbal recall task, in which participants were asked to remember what they had been told earlier. The idea is that the formation of synapses delays the symptoms of Alzheimer's, but it is not a cure, experts said. "There was a clear difference. The difference was greatest in people with very mild but quite real Alzheimer's," he said. Currently, there is no cure for Alzheimer's. But existing drug and non-drug treatments often help with both cognitive and behavioral symptoms. This could be a breakthrough research for this country. The Center for Disease Control says as many as 5.3 million people in the United States are living with Alzheimers. And the disease is very costly; Alzheimer's and dementia triple healthcare costs for Americans age 65 and older. Scientists developed the medical drink with three components -- uridine, choline, and the omega-3 fatty acid DHA -- that, working together, help restore synapses, said Dr. Richard Wurtman, professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and co-author of the study. Uridine is a molecule used in the genetic coding for RNA, choline is in the vitamin B family, and DHA is found in certain fish and fish oils There were also cognitive and memory tasks that the drink did not seem to improve, according to the study, and the researchers should look further into what other improvements can be seen besides the verbal recall finding, Gu said. But it is certainly worth looking into since Alzheimer's is the seventh-leading cause of death.About the Author:

Lenneice A. Drew is an experienced journalist currently focused on healthcare reform. She is working to help others achieve better lives by finding affordable health insurance alternatives and reporting stories related to the healthcare industry. She lives in Miami, Florida.
Killtest IBM 000-028 Free Real Q&As; United States: Multilingual Potpourri & English Tutoring Borrow Wisely & Help Tide Over Recession! Hunt Horses And The Risk Of Injury Using Promotional Clothing Is A Good Idea Because Of It's Popularity Ed Bagley's Top 25 Poll - Week 12 - Two Favorites Win Big From My Experience It's Hurt To Get Your Ex Back It's Traumatic To Want Getting Over Ex It's Impossible To Get My Wife Back From My Experience It's Hurt To Get Over A Breakup From My Experience It's Hurt Getting My Ex Back It's Traumatic To Want To Get Over Ex Wife It's Over You Can't Jealousy Over Ex
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.222.242.27) / Processed in 0.012670 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 2376, 952,