Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Going Beyond The Gold For Children With Cancer
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Going Beyond The Gold For Children With Cancer

Given my own family and personal history, I confess that I often focus on women's cancers

. An email from a customer last year prompted me to take a closer look at children's cancers and National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. I've always been slightly shattered by my conversations with mothers of young girls confronting cancer and in need of a pretty and uplifting head scarf. Upon taking a closer look at the national statistics on childhood cancers, I was floored and will never let another September pass without directing our collective attention to childhood cancers. It was as recently as September 13, 2008 that the Senate resolution was passed officially making September our country's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Given the following statistics, one has to wonder why it took so long.

Cancer is the second overall leading causing of death of children in the U.S.

Each school day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer.

Eighty percent of children have metastatic disease at time of diagnosis as compared to only 20 percent of adults.

Currently, only 2% of federal funding for cancer research is directed at solving cancers that impact our children.

So in addition to displaying our gold ribbons in recognition of this important month, I found a couple other ways individuals can help make a difference. The first is by supporting a fundraising collaboration between CURE Childhood Cancers and AirTran Airways. In recognition of September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, AirTran Airways is supporting CURE in their mission by offering a $20 voucher - good for any airline ticket on AirTran Airways through December 16, 2010 - to every person who donates at least $20 to CURE during the month of September. Find out more at:

http://www.curechildhoodcancer.org/how-to-help/airtran-airways-partnership/

You can also support CURE and individual children touched by cancer through CUREs Kids Conquer Cancer One Day at a Time! Special CURE Kids will be featured each day for the entire month of September, each having been personally affected by childhood cancer. Some featured children will be in the midst of their precious fight, some have conquered the disease, and some have lost the battle and will be honored on their special day. Each day, the featured children and their families have committed to reaching out to their networks in an effort to each raise $1,000 to benefit CURE Childhood Cancer.

You can help CURE in their goal of raising $60,000 in the month of September while honoring special CURE kids each day of the month who have been affected by childhood cancer. You can find out more here:

http://www.curechildhoodcancer.org/events/cures-kids-conquer-cancer/

by: 4Women
Despicable Me Toys Sweet 16 Party Invitations For Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party Fun For Kids In San Antonio Seeking Child Custody - Here Is Some Advice Evaluate How Your Emotions Influence Your Child With Autism--- Part Two The Dangers Of Kids Text Messaging Disney Figurines Spark Children's Imaginations And Also Make Great Collectibles For Later In Life. Important Online Safety For Kids How Do We Know Which Teen Paid Surveys Will Deliver The Results Fo Stuffing Our Wallet? Dinosaurs As Plush Toys Luxe Crib Sheets: Glorious Childcare Decor For Your Bambino Teach Your Children How To Budget Denver Teen Charged As Adult In Vehicuar Homicide - Denver, Colorado
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.139.233.43) / Processed in 0.012577 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2847, 956,