Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Find Fun Kids' Activities in Your Area
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Find Fun Kids' Activities in Your Area

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something pretty controversial: parenting is verytime-consuming.

There I said it.

From what I can tell - and I'm not a parent, though I frequently play one on TV - parents are in constant motion: from the moment the alarm goes off until they collapse into bed at night, it's a series of car trips, soccer practices, violin lessons, and who knows what else.Find Fun Kids' Activities in Your Area

And in the process - another crazy theory here - I surmise that over-worked parents sometimes miss out on really neat opportunities or activities for their kids. For starters, they're simply too busy. But more importantly, there never seems to be a single, one-stop location where they can easily and quickly access all the cool activities in their area.

Until now.

Eventz4kidz is a site the lists kids' activities such as classes, camps, sports, and much more based on your town. It's easy to use, very intuitive, and supports a local charity. What's not to love? On the home page, you can click on a sample city - Boston, Chicago, San Diego, for example - and browse activities, or Subscribe to receive information about events in your city. But first things first: I signed up.

I entered my basic information, and was prompted to select my city and surrounding metropolitan area. You can enter whatever city you live in and subsequently edit the event at any time. Having lived in Washington, DC, I chose the nearby suburb of Arlington, VA. Next, I had the opportunity to add an event. I could choose from a pre-selected set of categories - arts and leisure, dance, music, etc. - add an event name and a URL.

Next, I could enter the age range for the event as well as the type of event (e.g. prenatal, child care, indoors, or outdoors.) Add the event date, cost, and opt for a Featured Listing (at a $10 cost - with $1 being donated to charity), and you're all set.

Of course, adding events is just part of the fun. The other part is checking out events for your kids in your area. Let's take the day activities for kids in Ft. Lauderdale/Palm Beach area, for example. What you'll see is essentially a kids' calendar; simply click on an Event Category or Event Type box on the left, and the page will automatically load to show related activities. I also like the other options on the left, which let you adjust your preferences on a sliding scale - for some strange reasons it reminds me of Bing's Travel tools. Very intuitive, very easy.

Regarding the charitable donations, Eventz4kids will donate $1 for every featured event sold on their website to a local childrens charity; for the year 2011, Eventz4Kids selected the Make-A-Wish foundation as its featured charity. Very cool.

All in all, Eventz4Kids fills a void in the market that has been suspiciously un-filled (if that's a word) for a long time. I mean, think about it: we use the Internet for everything. And while day activities for kids aren't analogous to, say, buying airplane tickets, there are still platforms out there that support entertainment options. Sites like Fandango come to mind - a site where you can purchase tickets to an event.

But when it comes to a comprehensive list of events for kids focused on your home town, the options are surprisingly limited. And Eventz4Kids neatly addresses this demand, efficiently, simply, and effectively. It's also a great marketing platform for teachers, artists, musicians, and any other individual who offers kids' activities in their communities. A win-win!

It's almost like this site could only have been created bya parent. And when you read about how the site came to be, everything neatly falls into place. The founder, Rachel Cohen, wanted to build a site to "concentrate events on a calendar to find activities quickly for the busy family."

Well, according to this non-parent - who frequently plays one on TV - she succeeded!
Bilibo Admiration Among Kids Honda Civic - The Perfect Teenage Car Build The World of Your Childs Dreams Pink And Turquoise Crib Bedding - Help Make Your Children's Room Sophisticatedl And Stylish With This Contempary Design Can you explain the role of good books in your child's life Teenagers - Beware of Diet Pill Frauds and Scams Leading Causes Of Childhood Obesity Could You Help Children's Charities? Choosing The Finest Toys For You And Your Little One Watch Teen Mom 2 season 1 episode 13 Reunion Online Ten Top Tips For Controlling Your Kids Five Benefits Of Children Attending Summer Camp How I Was Accused of Child Neglect
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.98.108) / Processed in 0.012586 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 4125, 956,