Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » 2010 Cannes Film Festival
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

2010 Cannes Film Festival

2010 Cannes Film Festival

If you are a movie lover then you would have heard of the annual Cannes Film Festival

. However for all you people that dont know about this famous film festive then let me enlighten you. The Cannes film festival was originally founded in 1946 and is one of the worlds oldest and most prestigious film festivals.

The Cannes film festival is a private ordeal that is held annually in the French town of Cannes in the south of France. The venue in Cannes for this popular event in any movies lovers calendar is the Palais des Festivals et des Congres.

The Cannes film festival has always been seen as a reflection of its era. The festival is a showcase filmmakers talent in respect to all tastes and play homage to all contributors to the birth and distribution of films.

At the core of the Cannes film festival is the passion for motion pictures, the discovery of new talents, the enthusiasm of festival-goers and professionals from around the world. This years Cannes film festival will take place from 12th to 23rd May 2010 with the official selection being announced in mid-April.2010 Cannes Film Festival

Cannes 2010, which is now in its 63rd year, will be headed by Tim Burton, the film director famous for classic movies such as Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas and more recently Alice in Wonderland. Tim Burton is officially this years Jury President.

Over the years, the French Association of the International Film Festival has tried to evolve the film festival in Cannes whilst still retaining its prestige. As we know the film industry is constantly changing its boundaries. Because of this the film festival does not wish to simply coast along on the prestige of its name, but wants to be as pioneering as the industry it represents.

Upon accepting the invitation from Gilles Jacob and Thierry Frmaux, Tim Burton was quoted as saying: After spending my early life watching triple features and 48-hour horror movie marathons, Im finally ready for this. Its a great honour and I look forward, with my fellow jurors, to watching some great films from around the world. When you think of Cannes you think of world cinema. And as films have always been like dreams to me, this is a dream come true.

We dont yet know which film and film-makers will be competing at Cannes 2010 but it looks set to be another great showcase of high calibre directorial talent. I cant wait for the red carpet to be laid, the show to begin. Lets see who walks away with this years coveted Palme dOr.

by: Roberto Poalo
2010 Bank Holidays - Get List of 2010 Bank Holidays in USA, Canada, India and UK 2010 Action In Sandton 2010-11 Washington Capitals NHL Predictions and Odds 2010-11 Phoenix Coyotes NHL Predictions and Odds 2009 55th Summer Exhibition American Delicacy 2009-2010 Used Jeep Comparisons 2008 Australian Grand Prix 2007, The Country Sold 5.84 Million Units Gas Water Heater 2006 Summer Season Jewellery Vogue Trend Rapid Report 20 Songs You Should Never Play on a Road Trip 20 Safety Tips for Budget Travelers 20 Safety Guidelines for Budget Travelers 20 Reasons to Holiday in the Dominican Republic
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.237.91.98) Shandong / Jining Processed in 0.012030 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2593, 954,
2010 Cannes Film Festival Jining