Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » How Marine Industry Is Affected By Financial Crisis
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How Marine Industry Is Affected By Financial Crisis

How Marine Industry Is Affected By Financial Crisis

A sign of the times?

so the financial crisis is still at the forefront of every small business owners mind, this is obvious, but how has it affected the marine industry? well my expertise lies in outboard engines and for outboard sales at least, this year has been the hardest i can remember in twenty years. i am always very proactive when sales are a little slow, keeping the outboard warehouse page up to date on our own website www.billhigham.co.uk and also renewing ads on boatsandoutboards.co.uk and boatshop24.co.uk and .com is a full time job in itself. but in a normal year i dont have time to keep on top of the outboards going out, and new arrivals are usually sold before i have time to populate all the sites with the details! take new and used mariner outboards for instance, as Bill Higham Marine have been mariner master zone dealers for twenty five years now we get all the local trade (which in the Manchester area equates to a radius of around twenty miles or so), this usually equates to around 150 new mariner outboard sales per year, and maybe 50 used sales for mariner engines. on the flip side, this year so far (well its nearly the end of the season now) we have only managed sales figures of 85 new mariner motors and 25 used!!

Tohatsu outboards sales have been the same story, usually around 150 new and 20 used (the lower used outboards number marks the fact that Tohatsu outboards, although around since the late sixties, were originally commercial engines, and only branched out into the public sector in the late nineties, hence there are fewer around used).

to summarise this season has been one of plenty of used outboards for sale, especially privately, but not as many buyers. if you take a look on boastsandoutboards.co.uk you will se around 700 outboard engine ads. in a usual year that number at this time of year would be more like 350 - 400. this to me highlights the underlying problem - more boaters are having to give up their much loved pass time due to other more pressing constraints on their hard earned stirling!

by: Simon
Major Boat Races And Beaches To Explore In Kerala Boat Lounge Seats The New Luxury Of Powerboat Racing The Facts About Miami Boat Owners Insurance Check Out The Better Options To Buy Used Boats Or Sell Boats Gps Fish Finders Is The Perfect Accessory For Your Boat Get Free Wood Boat Building Plans These Days Dorset Has Been Famous For The Production Of Specially Designed Gas Detectors For Boats Advice That Could Come In Handy When Booking BVI Bareboats by:Tony K. Why Transmodal Shipping In Marine Port Orange, Tx? Must-know Facts Before Choosing The Boat Battery Charger Boats And Watercraft-products Liability Cases Bursting At The Seams With Water - Lake Powell Expansion Allows Boaters Access To More Back Canyons
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.142.128) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.011411 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2117, 977,
How Marine Industry Is Affected By Financial Crisis Atlanta