Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » You're Never Too Old To Learn To Defend Yourself
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

You're Never Too Old To Learn To Defend Yourself

You're Never Too Old To Learn To Defend Yourself

If you're a fan of the Lethal Weapon series like I am you're probably used to hearing Danny Glover's character L.A.P.D

. Detective Roger Murtaugh saying, "I'm to old for this," many times throughout the films. Despite how he feels though the heroic detective keeps stepping up to the challenge and takes on mercenaries, gang members, and gangsters. While real life isn't like the movies many older guys I have talked to seem to think self defense isn't something they can do any more, and that isn't the case. Sure you might not be 18 any more, but your spirit and drive are still there, and now more than ever you need to know how to fight.

The majority of older people are polite citizens who go about there business enjoying life, and how does they criminal element repay you? They see you as a target because they think you won't fight back, and it doesn't matter how nice or reasonable you are to them. Your best defense is avoiding these bad situations, but when confronted you need to fight and you need to fight dirty. Think about it you probably can't out run your attacker and the longer the fight lasts the more likely you are to get hurt. While martial arts might be a lot of fun at this stage in the game you don't have time to waste, so need real self defense training.

If you can raise your arm and swing it you can defend yourself, and deal a potentially lethal blow. If you can raise you knee you can make an attacker back up and if you can lift your car keys you can use mace. Self defense doesn't need to be complicated to work, but it needs to be brutal and effective. You shouldn't have to live in fear of punks, and just because you want to learn how to defend yourself doesn't mean you're looking for trouble either.

I don't need to tell you that over time some physical acts are harder to perform. Friends of mine have told me they can't fires like they once did or ride their motorcycles or any number of activities they did when they were younger, but what I respect is they don't give up, and they push themselves to do their best. I see guys of all ages working out at the gym and the firing range, and they're doing their best with what they've got. One former marine I know has a host of health problems he deals with every day, so now he carries several devices to help him protect his wife and family. You might be to old for a lot of things, but protecting yourself is something you never age out of, so keep training and enjoying every day to its fullest.

by: Matthew McKernan
Don't Be Driven To Distraction! How To Determine Fault Of A Slip And Fall Injury My Identity Was Stolen Because Of Someone Else's Mistake... Exotic Quality Furnitures Consisting Of Bookcases & Chests Wet Grass And Mulching Don't Mix Compare Apples With Apples When Obtaining Vehicle Insurance JUST ARRIVAL>>Cleveland Launcher Fairway Wood Start Your Own Website, It's Easy Downloads DSi - Learn Where to Get Downloads DSi Unlimited & Cheap! Cup Cakes & Cakes of All Types Best Valentine's Day Gifts for Boys Information on Best & Worst Booster Seats of 2009 Provided by IIHS Valentine's Day Gifts
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.45.162) New York / New York City Processed in 0.012619 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2662, 952,
You're Never Too Old To Learn To Defend Yourself New York City