Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Will Our Children Need A Solution To Credit Card Debt Sooner Than We Think?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Will Our Children Need A Solution To Credit Card Debt Sooner Than We Think?

Our mailboxes are stuffed the advertisements, newspapers

, and, perhaps most of all, credit card offers. Companies are constantly making offers that are too hard to pass up--but today, those companies may have crossed a line. My two youngest, Devyn, 16, and Tyler, 17, received there very own offer for the Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card from Chase in the mail today.

Of course the advertisement is hard to resist, with an application attached to the offer letter and a mocked up card to get them excited about the freedom of having their own cards. It made me wonder if Southwest even knows that their name and reputation are being used to target underage children to get them started in the credit trap. What are companies thinking when they target people who can't even legally have a card?

One reason may lay with the effect the new credit card laws are having on profits. Credit card companies must have taken a hit to their profits after new laws requiring clearer statements and less marketing were put forth in 2009. Since marketing to students has been limited, perhaps they are trying to reach them before they even hit a college campus.

The card offers made to my children prompted me to education my children about the dangers of credit cards and how easy it is to find yourself in need of credit card debt help. If this is the direction that the credit industry is taking, it will now be more important than ever to teach our children how to spend responsibly and avoid creating debt. Soon, Tyler and Devyn will be out on their own and without me scanning their mail for the most common credit tricks. My only power lies in the ability to teach them what I know about avoiding credit card debt.

A lot of us are doomed from the start when it comes to the credit industry; It creates an environment where we feel fine about consistently being in debt and continuing to spend money we don't have. If credit card companies are targeting our children directly, it is best to set an example for them. Chapter 7 can be your solution to credit card debt, eliminating your debt and giving you a clean slate with debt. With your own financial situation cleaned up, you can be free to set an example of responsible spending for your children.

Still not sure if bankruptcy is the right move for you?" Look for an attorney who is willing to offer you free articles, blogs, and even publications before you set foot in an office.

by: Jim Brown
Teenage Pregnancy Adhd In Children And Your Options As A Parent Do You Suspect Your Child's Transposition Of The Great Arteries Was Paxil-Caused? Redesigning a Child's Bedroom The Best Kids Play Table Will Provide Hours Of Entertainment Encase The Moment Of Your Child Being Conferred Graduate Degree In Photo Frames How Should Educators Be Trained To Teach Special Needs Children? Identifying Kids With Attention Deficit Disorder Or Adhd Is A Teen In Your Life Troubled? Explore franchise for children Kids franchise info Christmas, Kids and Behavior Problems - A Lethal Recipie Explore franchise for kids
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.89.47) / Processed in 0.005067 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2520, 956,