Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Why it is Important to First get a Travel Insurance
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why it is Important to First get a Travel Insurance

An appendicitis attack suffered by a young Frenchwoman was the most fearsome medical

emergency I have ever encountered in all of my travels while in Afghanistan. It started on a stranded bus in the middle of an empty desert. Americans who love going to remote places in the world could cause them to endure sicknesses or accidents, sometimes far from sufficient medical care or even none at all.

In the middle of nowhere, the bus full of Afghans suddenly broke down just a couple of hours out of Kandahar. I could tell that the woman's friend who approached me, a westerner, was worried and confused. Her friend was in the back seat stretched out and was in terrible pain. We didn't have options other than to apply a wet handkerchief to the Frenchwoman's forehead to temper the day's searing heat.Trucks going near Kabul seldom passed which is why after some hours, when a few passengers saw a truck, they hitched immediately.

A sturdy European sedan showed up at the time that the Frenchwoman was uncontrollably sobbing. Luckily, a young Swiss couple was kind enough to bring the two French travelers to Kabul. The Afghan passengers who were left including I were able to take a lift from the bus that finally came. The next day, the Frenchwoman's companion tracked me down in my hotel to thank me. An immediate appendectomy was performed on her friend after she and the Swiss couple called the French Embassy in Kabul to ask for help.

The woman with appendicitis was fine but still was shocked by the close call.The association in Maryland for safe international travel in 60 foreign countries provides travelers with precautionary measures whenever faced with dangerous road circumstances. Some reports may be about the probability of livestock on the road, accident prone roads, dangers of driving at night and bizarre driving practices depending on which country.Why it is Important to First get a Travel Insurance

The death of a 25 year old Bethesda medical student who was killed in a bus accident in Turkey inspired the buildup of the association. The countries with the most dangerous roads based on accident statistics are Egypt, Kenya, South Korea, Turkey and Morocco where the non-profit organization cites. Some countries like India might be on the list but does not provide statics.

The association has urged the US State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs to add road hazard information to the consular info sheets it prepares for each country. Considering buying a medical evacuation policy and carrying adequate health insurance would be a good thing. You will answer your own expenses if you become sick or are injured because the US Embassy is only capable of helping you find a proper medical care. Evacuating you by air from a remote area to an emergency hospital can cost thousands of dollars.

There are two things you need to do first before travelling abroad according to the State Department which is first, know the kind of medical services your health insurance covers and second, carry an insurance policy identity card and a claim form.The American Association of Retired Persons covers senior citizen's treatment expenses outside the country through the use of a Medicare supplement plan, but the Social Security Medicare is not capable of providing one.Why it is Important to First get a Travel Insurance

On an annual or per trip basis, a few firms offer medical evacuation insurance. Insurance can be bought directly from the company and also can be bought by travel agents.Call the nearest US Embassy if worst happens. A list of other medical facilities or local doctors will be provided by the embassy at the very least.

The embassy personnel would want to assure that Americans get the best medical care. Most Americans who love to go to distant places are the ones who take advantage of this medical care. To ensure that the victim receives proper treatment in a better facility and that his/her family and friends will be contacted, the officials take care of these victims even in a foreign hospital.

By: baconcarl
Finding The Best Cheap Holiday Deals Is Vietnam the Right Destination For Adventure Travel? Help Make Ones Travel Stress Free With Vacation Insurance Stuff A Holidaymaker Should Not Neglect When Beginning To Pack Up For A Journey Brendan Tours Egypt Get A Celebrity Smile In Nashua, Nh Tourists' glee and hilarity in the Abuja City Lakshmi Villas Bali Seminyak – Your Own Bali Oasis Top Ten Golf Tournaments Of 2010 Shopping Only One Location For All The Holiday Needs Learn Spanish Fast - Basics For Tourists Step In Filling Summer Air Jack Johnson Tickets - On Tour In Support Of 'to The Sea'!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.128.200.157) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.007117 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 4152, 954,
Why it is Important to First get a Travel Insurance Ann Arbor