Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Why Gift Cards Make Bad Christmas Gifts
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Gift Cards Make Bad Christmas Gifts

I have a theory that gift cards are not popular because people like to receive them; they are popular because people like to give them

. How much easier can it be to buy somebody a gift than to purchase a little plastic card for them to one of many stores or restaurants in the same aisle as you buy a greeting card?

More importantly, though, is the question of how much time and effort we put in to picking out gift cards and what kind of message they send.

Let's be honest here we've all received gift cards in the past and we all know the letdown that they bring. As "useful" and "practical" as they are, most of us do not like to receive a gift card, particularly if it's a gift card for a store that we don't like to shop at. So why do we continue to give them?

Because they're easy to give.Why Gift Cards Make Bad Christmas Gifts

The message that giving a gift card sends is pretty simple: "I didn't take the time to think about what you might really want because I don't really care. Instead of buying you a gift that you might enjoy, I couldn't be bothered to go to the store, so I'd rather you go do it on your own. Merry Christmas."

This is not entirely fair in some cases people ask for gift cards and have good reason to. For example, someone saving up for an HDTV may ask for gift cards from everyone from one particular store and combine all of them to help pay for the new TV. However, this is not usually the case.

The other side of the story is that many people really don't have the time to dedicate hours to shopping for the perfect gift for each person on their list. So how do you find a happy medium? Where do you draw the line?

My advice to you this Holiday season is to avoid gift cards altogether. If you're tempted to take the easy way out and buy gift cards for everyone, spend an extra 5 minutes and shop around for an experience gift for them instead.

Instead of sending them to the store to buy some "thing" that they probably do not need, experience gifts give you an opportunity to send them off to do something that they've always wanted to do like go bungee jumping, take pottery lessons, attend a wine tasting, and so on. There are hundreds of experience gifts available across the country that can be found for nearly any budget.

Experience gifts are also extremely easy to buy, but they convey a much stronger message than a traditional gift card. Instead of saying "I know you like to shop at this store, go buy yourself something" experience gifts say "I know this is something you've always dreamed of doing, go make your dreams come true."

By: Adam Michaels
Airlines Guidance Helping You With Packages Or Pleasant Trips On Las Vegas Flights Roland Garros Tournament : First And Last Edition Airways Guidelines Helping You With Concession Combined With Pleasant Trips While Boarding Planes Fo Low-cut Travel Deals To Exhilirate You: Beds, Air Flights, Eating Places, Shops, Amusement, And Club Beneficial Writings About Recommendations On Getting Easy On The Pocket Air Travel Seats Christmas Is A Time To Reach Out Helpful Pieces Of Writing About Suggestions On Snatching Low Budget Air Travel Tickets Six Of The Most Popular Halloween Costumes Inexpensive Holiday Deals To Shake Up You: Suites, Air Fare, Chow Down, Boutiques, Things To Do, And Usable Papers About Secrets On How To Get Inexpensive Air Travel Seats Travel Hints Related To Grand Mileage & Non-stop Flights On Flights For Las Vegas Useful Items Discussing Ways On How To Get Cut-rate Air Travel Tickets Travel Information Regarding Exclusive Deals & Scrumptious Meals For Planes For Las Vegas
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.139.80.216) / Processed in 0.009168 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2787, 954,