Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Why Don't Some Affiliate Products Sell?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Don't Some Affiliate Products Sell?

I was coaching a new client yesterday who told me a story about how she had spent

thousands of dollars on pay-per-click advertising for an affiliate product that she was promoting, yet yielded absolutely no sales.

Of course she was absolutely certain that the affiliate program was ripping her off -- She'd actually made sales but they weren't credited to her affiliate account.

Maybe that was true in her case, I don't know, but there are also other factors that could explain here lack of affiliate sales.

1. Does the affiliate sales page convert?Why Don't Some Affiliate Products Sell?

This is probably the biggest thing that all affiliates should consider before joining because it will have the biggest impact on your bottom line. Does the sales page for the affiliate product that you want to promote have a good conversion rate? In other words, how many people who click over to the sales page actually buy the product?

Believe it or not, conversion rates average around 2%... but I've see affiliate sales pages converting at much, much less. It's not unusual to find affiliate conversion rates in the tank at 0.01%.

2. Does the sales page offer "untracked" sales?

Sometimes an affiliate sales page offers prospects other forms of payment that can't be tracked to the affiliate who referred them.

For example, if a prospect can order by 800 number, then the affiliate may not get credit for sales they've referred who purchased through that toll free number.

I've seen a lot of Clickbank merchants do this kind of bait and switch thing to affiliates... let me explain.

The merchant joins Clickbank and sells one of their products through them. Once they're in the Clickbank marketplace and affiliates start promoting them, the merchant switches over to take payments through PayPal, phone, or another payment system and cuts the affiliate out of the sales.

3. Is your advertising targeting the right market?

This is what I think happened to my coaching client... she was getting plenty of clicks, but they weren't people who were interested in actually buying the product she was advertising.

It's easy, especially with pay-per-click, to get a lot of people clicking through your ad. All you have to do is word the ad so that it provokes a lot of clicks.

But clicks aren't what really matters in a pay-per-click campaign... quality clicks are what matter.

That's why most PPC experts use negative qualifiers and precise information to weed out all the tire-kickers. Once you do that and specifically target who will see your ad, you'll find that the quality of your clicks and your return on investment (ROI) improves tremendously.

In the end, there are probably lots of reasons why some affiliate products don't sell, but these are the most common problems that affiliates face.

by: Arvada Yates
I Miss My Ex, She Left Me - I'm Getting Angry Call A Guy After 2 Months - I'm Getting Emotional How To Get Over Seperation - I'm Getting Emotional Does He Miss Talking To Mes - I'm Getting Emotional Im Depressed Over My Ex - I'm Getting Emotional Ex Text Me After A Month - I'm Getting Emotional Why Did My Ex Contact Me - I'm Getting Emotional Can't Get Ex Out Of My Head - I'm Getting Emotional Looking For An Extended Auto Warranty? Beware The 3 Most Common Myths Before You Buy! Getting Over Your Ex Wife - I'm Getting Emotional Should I Go Visit My Ex Gf - I'm Getting Emotional Will He Ever Call Me Again - I'm Getting Emotional Needs Space After Breakup - I'm Getting Emotional
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.100.180) / Processed in 0.012507 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 3014, 952,