Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Why Christmas Slippers Have Always Meant Christmas Magic To Me
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why Christmas Slippers Have Always Meant Christmas Magic To Me

Christmas has always meant new slippers to me -- fluffy slippers, funky slippers, all of them Christmas slippers. I do not know why it is, conditioning as a child perhaps, but whenever I think of Christmas, my thoughts turn to new fluffy warm slippers, sitting at the top of the Christmas stocking.

There they were, the first present I always opened, ready to put on my freezing cold feet to march into my parents bedroom. This was usually at some ungodly hour, to tell them Santa Claus had visited us and could I please, please, please open all those lovely bumpy squidgy parcels under the Christmas tree.

I was an only child and so of course I was allowed to open my presents at 5.00 am or 4.00 am or whatever awful time it was. I would later be sent to have a sleep in the afternoon after lunch, because I was just exhausted from excitement. But the slippers: oh the slippers, they were so special, so reliable. I always got them every year and so they hold very special memories for me.Why Christmas Slippers Have Always Meant Christmas Magic To Me

I suppose all of us are quite pleased to get them as a gift somewhere in the pile, but they are perhaps not the present for the new girlfriend, the first year and perhaps Dad would rather have something like a good book or a another favorite. But for grandma and Mum I think you cannot go wrong, as long as they are not too practical and boring. Pink and fluffy are nice and seasonal.

There are so many wonderful pairs of slippers for children. Animal shapes and futuristic idea abound in the slipper department this year, but of course we do have to be a little practical here, as we would not want them to fall over a hanging off tassel and hurt themselves. The ones I like best for little children are the soft boots. They come in loads of wonderful colors and they are practical, because once you get them on they tend to stay on. Please do not make the mistake of buying them too big, as sloppy slippers are never comfortable. They get worn so much in the winter anyway, that they will probably wear out before they are grown out of.

If you are buying for teenage girls, then you need to aim either for the glamorous or the cute. Either way is fine, but the younger the nearer to cute and the older the nearer to glamorous, as a rule of thumb I would suggest.

No matter what, please do not forget the Christmas slippers, they will make someone's Christmas, because they will be so pleased that you remembered.

Happy Christmas readers.

Find ideas for great slippers and order online for delivery before Christmas at http://www.squidoo.com/christmas-slippers.
Now Relax Anytime Anywhere Consider The Atm Situation In The Area Before You Use A Card To Transfer Money To Australia A few things you should look for in a countryside retreat Gangwon-do Mini Trips By Theme Discover The Details About Debit Card Usage In This Country Before You Transfer Money To Canada Australian Dollar building up for a repeat of 2008 crash? Top attractions in Abidjan (west Africa's Paris) Phuket airport landing fees cut to bring in more tourists Lebanon Information (arnun, Baalbek, Bcharre, Beirut, Byblos, Ounieh, Tripoli, Tyre, Zahle) The Meaning Of Christmas Gifts The Glitz And Glamour Of Rajasthan Tours Learn to Surf on Gran Canaria Holidays How to Plan the Ultimate Christmas Party - Part 2 of 2
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.85.183) / Processed in 0.011083 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2711, 954,