Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal-Finance » Which Lawn Mower Should I Purchase?
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Which Lawn Mower Should I Purchase?

If youre blessed enough to have a lawn, then sooner or later youre going to need to get it cut

. The effortless option is to pay somebody else to do it for you! There are a lot of good lawn maintenance and gardening companies around. However, if you dont control the finances for this or you enjoy cutting the lawn (it can be very therapeutic) then you will want to obtain a lawn mower. But which one should you pay for? There are a bewildering array of brands, sizes, designs and different prices on the market.

You need to ask yourself a few questions to ensure you choose the right one. Clearly, your budget is a key question, but think about the size of your lawn, what you use it for and what type of grass you have on it. I know of at least one particular business who advertise thier gardening services who have a range of lawn mowers and use time when they turn up at your premises determining which mower is better for the task in front of them. In fact I found a lot of businesses simply by looking up the term on the internet.

THE SIZE AND SHAPE OF YOUR LAWN

Those rich people with large, regular lawns have different requirements from those with small, irregular shaped ones. So, for example, if you have a lot of lawn to cut with few obstacles such as flower beds or trees, then a sit on lawn mower is ideal. They are costly, fairly large and bulky and you will need somewhere to store it, of course. They are tremendous for cutting large areas of grass and for impressing the neighbours! The good brands are Honda, Hayter, Lawn King, Mountfield, Yardman, Snapper, Toro and Lawnflite.

For smaller areas with trees and curved borders, a small, light, manoeuvrable mower ought to be your first choice. Anything too powerful or bulky will tire you out quickly.

SHOULD I CHOOSE AN ELECTRIC OR PETROL POWERED MOWER?

The selection between electric and petrol powered mowers comes down to the idiosyncrasies of your garden. If you dont have any easy access to electricity, you have tough weed and need power, or you do not want to run a long cable for example, then a petrol mower has to be your first choice. They are in general more powerful than electric mowers, but they need regular maintenance - much like a car - and remember, they can be heavy and bulky. They can also require some strength to start up as most of them have a pull cord to start the ignition.

For small spaces, an electric mower will almost certainly be your first choice. They are generally cheaper than petrol mowers, easy to maintain and smaller so they store easily. And there are even rechargeable electric mowers if you do not have access to power.

SHOULD I PURCHASE A HOVER MOWER, ROTARY OR CYLINDER MOWER?

Hover mowers are good for small, uneven areas with dissimilar types of grass. Think of areas with lots of trees or flower beds with rounded boundaries and tight spaces. They will cut evenly but you will not get the stripes or rollered effect on the lawn that youve cut. Flymo and Allen produce the best hover mowers. For the best finish a cylinder mower is better. And if you can afford it, buy one with a roller attached to the rear. A good quality cylinder mower will give the cleanest, best looking cut of all and with the roller attached will give you that Wimbledon lawn finish. Beautiful. Good brands of cylinder petrol mower: Qualcast, Atco, Lawnflight and Masport.

Rotary mowers fit pretty much in between the two. Ideal for larger lawns which may be a little uneven or slightly overgrown. Perhaps a little too much to cope with for a hover mower. However, they wont give you the perfect bowling green finish.

Good brands of rotary mowers: McCulloch, IBEA, Honda, Lawn King, Lawnflite, Lawnpro, Mitox, Tuffcut and Victa.

WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THE LAWN CLIPPINGS?

Some gardeners advise that if you do not have too may clippings, they should be left on the lawn as nutrients for the grass. I dont subscribe to this method, however. If your lawn needs feeding, look into purchasing some lawn feed products. Lawn trimmings make the lawn look a mess and can prevent light reaching the new grass, which leads to discolouration and damage.

So unless you like raking up clippings, choose a lawn mower that has a collection box. Then all you need to do is empty it when it becomes full. A lot more! In general, with lawn cutting, you get out what you put in. So, pay for the best mower you can afford, whichever kind of mower you decide on. Good luck with your lawn!

by: Stephen Drummonsy
How To Get Rid Of College Debt – A Simple Method! Unsecured Debt Facts - Why Unsecured Debt Can Be Negotiated For a Lesser Amount Debt Repayment Plans and Strategies - Best Options to Manage Unsecured Debt Get Out of Debt - How to Get Out of Debt in Around 1-3 Years Want Atlanta Last Minute Cruise Adventures? Use These Secrets On Ways To Purchase Top-notch Last Min Debt Settlement – A Legitimate Option If You Have Over $10k In Unsecured Debt Step By Step Guide To Getting Out Of Debt Get Out Of Debt Sooner Than You Expect About Clothes Shopping and Purchases Debt Elimination Is Possible Looking For Atlanta Last Minute Cruise Honeymoons? Use These Clues On How To Purchase Unbelievable L Saying Goodbye To Debt: Steps To Financial Freedom Looking To Purchase Yoga Mats And Bags?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.67.48) / Processed in 0.012941 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 4627, 179,
Which Lawn Mower Should I Purchase?