Insurances.net
insurances.net » Taxes » Where I Get Federal Tax ID Number and State Tax ID Number
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Where I Get Federal Tax ID Number and State Tax ID Number

The primary purpose of taxation is the mobilization of resources and canalizing the same for productive investment

. Taxation can also be used as a measure to promote equity and reduce disparities or to encourage or discourage consumption of particular items. Taxation is a powerful instrument to determine the fiscal policy of a nation and help to build up the economic structure of a country. Tax is a compulsory payment to the government.

Do I Need a Federal Tax Identification Number?

This is a common question a client or potential client will ask us. Some of the more common situations in need of a tax identification number are:

Starting a business that will have employees

Having a corporation

Having a qualified retirement plan with $100,000 or more of plan assets

Opening an estate

Having a trust that is required to file a tax return

Even if you are not required to have a tax number, you may choose to get one. Your bank may require it as a condition of opening a business bank account. Also, when you render services to a customer, the party paying for the service is required to issue a Form 1099. To properly complete Form 1099, the customer will request information such as your name, address and social security number. If you have a tax ID number, you won't be required to give out your social security number.

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. Individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA), may apply and obtain ITIN issued by the IRS.

Employer ID Number And State ID Number

Federal Tax ID Number assign by Internal Revenue Service.

Reseller Permit Assign by the state.

Employers Identification Number is used to hire employees.

Certificate of Authority is used to collect sales tax from your clients.

"FEIN" is used to file business taxes.

Sales and Use Tax Number is used to file Sales Taxes.

Employers Identification Number can be requested to IRS to cancel.

State ID can we cancelled by filing final sales tax return.

State Tax Identification Number is also known as Certificate of Authority, Reseller Permit, Sales and Use Tax Number.

Excise business Tax and Taxpayer ID Number.

"EIN" also known as Federal Employer Identification Number.

By: jeryy smith
Live Arizona Cardinals VS San Diego Chargers NFL Week 4 on October 3, 2010 Watch Cardinals VS Chargers live stream NFL Week 4 on your PC on October 3, 2010 Live Baltimore Ravens VS Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Week 4 on October 3, 2010 Watch Ravens VS Steelers live stream NFL Week 4 on your PC on October 3, 2010 If You Are In the Position to Employ a Tax Attorney Watch Bears VS Giants live stream NFL Week 4 on your PC on October 3, 2010 IRS Tax Attorney and Back Taxes Resolving Tax Problems with the Best Tax Attorney Tax Problems Solved with an IRS Tax Attorney What Requires a Tax Attorney When the Time is Right for a Tax Attorney Watch Redskins VS Eagles live stream NFL Week 4 on your PC on October 3, 2010 Live Detroit Lions VS Green Bay Packers NFL Week 4 on October 3, 2010
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.196.223) / Processed in 0.011596 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 2899, 184,