Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » What if the Lost Child was very Young?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What if the Lost Child was very Young?

The announcement in February 1997 of the birth of a sheep named Dolly, an exact genetic replica of its mother, sparked a worldwide debate over the moral and medical implications of doing. Several U.S. states and European countries have banned the cloning of human beings; pet South Korean scientists claimed last month that they had already taken the first step.

Overlooked in the arguments about the morality of artificially reproducing life is the fact that, at present, cloning is a very inefficient procedure. The incidence of death among fetuses and offspring produced by cloning is much Omega Speedmaster Replica Watches higher than it is through natural reproduction -- roughly 10 times as high as normal before birth and three times as high after birth in our studies at Roslyn. Distressing enough for those working with animals, these failure rates surely render unthinkable the notion of applying such treatment to humans.

Even if the technique were perfected, however, we must ask ourselves what practical value whole-being cloning might have. What exactly would be the difference between a "cloned" baby and a child born naturally -- and why would we want one?What if the Lost Child was very Young?

The cloned child would be a genetically identical twin of the original, and thus physically very similar -- far more similar than a natural parent and child. Human personality, however, emerges from both the effects of the genes we inherit (nature) and environmental factors (nurture). The two clones would develop distinct personalities, just as twins develop unique identities. And because the copy would often be born in a different family, cloned twins would be less alike in personality than natural identical twins.

Why "copy" people in the first place? Couples unable to have children might choose to have a copy of one of them rather than accept the Omega Seamaster Replica intrusion of genes from a donor. My wife and I have two children of our own and an adopted child, but I find it helpful to consider what might have happened in my own marriage if a copy of me had been made to overcome infertility. My wife and I met in high school. How would she react to a physical copy of the young man she fell in love with? How would any of us find living with ourselves? Surely the older done -- I, in this case -- would believe that he understood how the copy should behave and so be even more likely than the average father to impose expectations upon his child. Above all, how would a teenager cope with looking at me, a balding, aging man, and seeing the physical future ahead of him?

Each of us can imagine hypothetical families created by the introduction of a cloned child; -- a copy of one partner in a homosexual relationship or of a single parent, for example. What is missing in all this is consideration of what's in the interests of the cloned child. Because there is no form of infertility that could be overcome only by cloning, I do not find these proposals acceptable. My concerns are not on religious grounds or on the basis of a perceived intrinsic ethical principle. Rather, my judgment is that it would be difficult for families created in this way to provide an appropriate environment for the child.

Cloning is also suggested as a means of bringing back a relative, usually a child, killed tragically. Any parent can understand that wish, but it must first be recognized that the copy would be a new baby and not the lost child. Herein lays the difficulty, for the grieving parents are seeking not a new baby but a return of the dead one. Since the original would be fondly remembered as having particular talents and interests, would not the parent expect the copy to be 1 the same? It is possible, however, that the copy would develop quite differently. Is it fair to the new child to place it in a family with such unnatural expectations?

What if the lost child was very young? The shorter the life, the fewer the expectations parents might place on the substitute, right? If a baby dies within a few days of birth and there is no reason to think that death was caused by an inherited defect, would it then be acceptable to make a copy? Is it practical to frame legislation that would prevent Replica Omega copying of adults or older: children, but allow copying of infants? At what age would a child be too old to be copied in the event of death?
Children's Clothing Store Marketing: 10 Kinds Of Transactions Powerful Techniques - Kids, Self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-efficacy: Moulding your young child into a happy, socially adjusted, and successful teen Which Dance Classes Are Right For Your Kids? Top Three Tips To Cure Teenage Depression Portable GPS Navigation Could Keep Your Children Safe Our Children May and Shall Have Abundance Awesome Kids Jeans Horse Stuffed Toys and Zenyatta Eagle Ranch Academy Helps Teens Battle Depression Toy Story 3 Tri-County Landfill Playset - Is Your Child a Toy Story Fan? Plush Jungle Toys and The Amazon Rainforest Snowdonia for Older Children: Ten Snowdonia Attractions for 12-16 Year Olds Swing Sets Will Provide A Creative Place In The Yard For Kids To Play
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.172.252) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.014016 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 4482, 956,
What if the Lost Child was very Young? Copenhagen