Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Wayanad, District Of Kerala | Chaturyatri-travel Stories On Budget Travel In India
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Wayanad, District Of Kerala | Chaturyatri-travel Stories On Budget Travel In India

Wayanad, District Of Kerala | Chaturyatri-travel Stories On Budget Travel In India

Examinations of my first year had just got over and preparations were in full swing to leave for home

. That is when I got a mail with the joyous news that I have to go for a PDS survey in Wayanad district in Kerala. It was a pretty uphill task convincing my dad who was frantic with worry that some tribal groups might abduct me and boil me in a cauldron. I guess those were the stereotypical images playing in his head when I first proposed the idea. After continued persuasion and emotional blackmail he let me go off into the wild without adult supervision.The next major task was planning out the trip. Since it is on the southern tip of the Deccan plateau, the terrain is rugged and hence there is no direct train. Kozhikode district has the closest railway station and I had decided to go by a local bus (which were very frequent) from there. Halfway through the journey I had slept off and I was taken aback to see the change in the landscape around me once awake. Enchanted I was to see lush greenery around me. With dense forests, deep valleys and pristine waterfalls, the view was just breathtaking!

Despite the busy schedule of the survey, I managed to glean some time for myself to visit nearby places. Kuruva Dweep is the perfect place to have a fun picnic with friends or family. The serenity and the green expanse all around soothe ones nerves. The best part of the trip was perhaps the once in a lifetime exhilarating ride on the bamboo raft in the Kabani river. Another spectacular sight was the Soochipara or Sentinel Rock falls! This three tiered waterfall exemplifies nature at its best and my heart yearned to stay at one of the tree house there. The cliff known as sentinel cliff is also ideal for rock climbing.

Apart from all the scenic locations, Wayanad is also known for historical tourism. Edakkal caves, Pazhassi memorial and Sulthan Bathery Jain temple are some of the very popular historical sites. I was fortunate enough to visit Muthanga where the famous Adivasi movement for land rights took place. Despite fears of wild elephants, we explored the dense forests as part of the survey. I was touched by the hospitality of the people who were not rich like the city folks, but had a huge heart filled with love for even a stranger knocking their doors!

Contributed by Izra Nawaz

by: Shobhit Pratap Singh
The Road Safety Is Very Essential For Travelers Some Tricky Points To Having Successful Travel How To Travel From Coimbatore To Ooty Discount Travel Vacations Package To India Golden Triangle India Tour A Priority For Every Traveler Who Wants To See The Best Of India. India Travel: Take Pleasure In The Wildlife National Parks Toronto Airport Taxi Service For Travelers Get Peru Travel Packages That Satiate Your Soul How Can I Prepare My Car For Holiday Travels? Ltc Tour Europe Goa Package Tour To Goa Travel Guide Savvy Traveling Tips For Moms From Ajo. Bebe Ken River Lodge In Panna | Chaturyatri-travel Stories On Budget Travel In India Travelling In Wisconsin
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.29.89) / Processed in 0.011007 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2381, 954,