Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Visit Mysterious Machu Picchu - Exotic Travel Destination
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Visit Mysterious Machu Picchu - Exotic Travel Destination

I don't know about you but choosing a spot for my annual family vacation is difficult. There are so many places to choose from that I get more stressed out picking out the place to take my family than I do at my actual job, the thing that I'm supposed to be resting from during my vacation!

The problem is, I don't want to go to that same old set of tourist destinations that everybody else goes to year after year after year. I want something a little more exciting and something a little more off the beaten path. I want to go somewhere that I can talk about with my friends for years to come, someplace no one else has ever gone.

That's when I discovered Machu Picchu. If you take a look at it yourself, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!Visit Mysterious Machu Picchu - Exotic Travel Destination

So what exactly is Machu Picchu besides two funny sounding words? Basically it is a complete Incan City that is very well preserved.

It's located near Cuzco Peru and can quite easily be described as the most impressive set of Incan ruins anywhere in the known world.

This mysterious city is nestled high up in the mountains, making it a "mountain city". It is surrounded by a massive jungle as well as deep terraced slopes that stretch all the way to the Valley below the mountain. Within that Valley you'll also find the Urubamba River sweeping through the lush green floor.

The best time of year to go is between April and May or between October and November. I wouldn't recommend necessarily trying your luck during any other part of the year for various reasons that I won't get into in this article today.

To get there you might travel down the Inca Trail which is a famous pilgrimage route that winds through the sacred Valley and comes very near to Ollantaytambo. Expect to discover all kinds of dramatic scenery and views that won't be found anywhere else in the world.

Machu Picchu was discovered sometime around 1911 by an archaeologist from the United States of America named Hiram Bingham. It is located almost 1000 feet above the valley and contains a wide variety of staircases, temples, towers, palaces, terraces, and even a few fountains.

The city commands a dramatic view that is unlike anything you've ever seen in your life. Expect to run into llamas grazing nearby. Don't worry - they usually don't bite unless you kick them repeatedly while screaming at the top of your lungs, but then why would you do that!

While you're there check out the Temple of the Sun with its rounded tower with windows that are aligned for the Sun to shine through during the June winter solstice. The Incan people took that sort of thing very seriously I'm told.

If the Sun's not your thing then check out the Temple of the Moon which is less visited than other temples in the city. There you'll find dark caverns and carved thrones and even an altar. Archaeologists aren't sure what they used the altar for, but you and I can probably figure it out. Don't worry, they don't do human sacrifices there anymore.

Machu Picchu is one of the most interesting archaeological and historical sites in the world today and if you have any interest in ancient Incan culture, a trip to the city will be well worth your time and effort.
Sharm El Sheikh Holiday With Cairo & Luxor Trips Aqua Master Watches Gifts for Holidays Two Days Luxor Tour From Safaga Port Cruises Ship Tours To Luxor From Safaga Port Ideas For Christmas : Cheap Personalized Gifts Host Your Next Charity Event at a Private Country Club! Ghana Travel Guide! Places To Visit & Things To Do Autumn Notes Travel In Thailand : Guide For Discoer The Country Why It Is Important To Travel With Two Credit Cards How to Keep Calm and Fit During the Holidays Cheese Gifts – The Perfect Gift for Christmas Cheap Timberland boots like a magician make imporssible to possible
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.148.107.255) / Processed in 0.013204 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3462, 954,