Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Vampire Weekend Tickets - Vampire Weekend Launches Tour In Vancouver
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Vampire Weekend Tickets - Vampire Weekend Launches Tour In Vancouver

Vampire Weekend Tickets - Vampire Weekend Launches Tour In Vancouver

New York-bred band Vampire Weekend kicked off its latest road trip in Vancouver

, British Columbia on Aug. 27. Although the quartet has been performing sporadically since releasing its sophomore album Contra in January, this is Vampire Weekend's first official North American tour since then, and Spin Magazine reports that frontman Ezra Koenig & Co. were worried about sounding a little rusty. Luckily for fans with Vampire Weekend tickets, the opposite was true.

Koenig, bassist Chris Baio, drummer Chris Tomson and guitarist Rostam Batmanglij opened the show with "Holiday" and performed a set list comprised of songs off Contra and Vampire Weekend's eponymous debut. Fans at Vancouver's Malkin Bowl weren't disappointed by the band's performances of "California English," "M79," "One (Blake's Got a New Face)," "Cousins," "I Stand Corrected" and "Diplomat's Son."

Those that weren't in Vancouver for the band's tour opener can still see Vampire Weekend in cities like Eugene, Ore.; Morrison, Colo.; Chicago, Ill.; Bloomington, Ill.; Montreal, PQ; New York, N.Y.; Berkeley, Calif.; Los Angeles, Calif.; Las Vegas, Nev.; Orlando, Fla.; New Orleans, La.; Raleigh, N.C. and more through October.

The guys of Vampire Weekend are likely too busy promoting Contra to worry too much about the controversy surrounding the album's cover. The now-famous cover features a blonde, blue-eyed women wearing a polo shirt, and although the band got approval to use the photo from the photographer, Tod Brody, Rolling Stone reports that the mysterious women in the photo-Kristen Kennis-is suing the band nonetheless.

Back in July, Koenig address the lawsuit during an interview with NME.com, saying, "I think I can speak for all of us and say that this is the first time any of us have ever been sued, so we're still learning how it works. There's so many things we could say about it but given we have no experience of it we're keeping conversations to a journal right now, which is a little frustrating."

The 52-year-old former model recently explained her decision to sue Vampire Weekend to Vanity Fair magazine, although the New York photographer and film maker behind the photo, Tod Brody, is on the band's side. Claiming the photo was taken during a 1983 commercial casting, Brody said, "We probably saw 20 or 30 [models] that day. I don't think I held on to any of the other [Polaroids] from that day ... Just like Vampire Weekend thought it was a cool photo, I thought it was a cool photo." Controversy aside, singles off Contra like "Cousins" and "Horchata" remain on the radio waves.

Although Contra and Vampire Weekend are similar stylistically, Tomson recently told Straight.com that the recording process was different. "The first album was about capturing songs we had been playing live for a while. Coming into Contra, we weren't beholden to any particular live versions of the songs in recording them. That gives us more flexibility, and in general we had more time and more equipment, and were able to spend more time on each song. When it came time to start touring, we had to reverse-engineer them to figure out how play them live," he revealed.

by: Pat Smith
Christmas Gift Ideas For Two Year Old Girls The Fascinating Golden Triangle Tour South India Wildlife Tour Three Popular Destinations Traveling With A Renowned Explorer Destinations In Memphis Get Crafty With Creative Greeting Cards On Halloweens Day Gold Jewellery On Festivals Wear Nike Shox Clearance Running Is A Great Way To Relax Medical Tourism Destination Popular Beach Destinations In India Explore The Charm Majorca Holidays Are Costing Less New York Whitney Museum Of American Art What To Serve At Your Halloween Costume Party
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.142.248) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.013860 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3316, 954,
Vampire Weekend Tickets - Vampire Weekend Launches Tour In Vancouver Atlanta