Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Using Kids Decals To Create Kid's Art!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Using Kids Decals To Create Kid's Art!

Have you ever wished you could create your own art work

? Ever have a art piece in mind, but couldn't find it or afford it? Ever need that final touch to complete the decor theme in your child's room? Then keep reading!

In this article, we will discuss how to use childrens wall stickers to create art work for those finishing touches in your child's room. The best part about this sort of project is that it doesn't require artistic talent or lots of time or money to create one of a kind masterpieces! In case you are not familiar with kids decals, let me catch you up to speed. Decals are a rising trend in the world of interior design and are nothing short of amazing! They are thin, flexible, but durable, vinyl stickers that are capable of being removed and repositioned multiple times. They leave no sticky residue behind and they won't peel paint. Most people think of using stickers for walls or furniture, but they really offer endless possibilities for decorating childrens living spaces. Kids decals come in all shapes and sizes. You could use smaller decals to create a grouping or collection of art pieces or create a single masterpiece with a larger decal. The options are limitless!

So, let's get started! First of all, you have to pick your kids decal! Truly there are so many options and themes available. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding a decal that suits your decor and reflects the interests and passions of your child. Now for the "Project"!!

Step 1: Gather your supplies. You can use art canvas or wooden plaques for this project. Both come in many different sizes and shapes and can be purchased at a local craft store. For the purpose of this article, I will just be referring to canvases. Either way, I recommend taking your decals along with you to the store to help determine what size will work best with the decal you have. While you're at the craft store, you will need to pick up acrylic or stencil paint, brushes or craft sponges. If you want to do any special paint detailing you'll need smaller brushes. You will also need to gather a ruler and chalk for sketching a plan on your canvas. If you want to decorate the outside edge of your art piece, you'll need ribbon or twine. Now that you have gathered your supplies, you're ready for the fun part!

Step 2: Paint your canvas; front and sides. If you want, you could use a coordinating color to paint the edges. Let the canvas dry completely before applying the kids decal. Here are a few fun options for creating a textured background on your canvas. Try using a sponge to create dark and light spots; try dragging a dry paint brush (like you'd use to paint a wall) through your wet paint - drying your bristles in between till you create the look you like. Have fun and try new things. Remember, you can always paint over something you don't like. Don't let fear hold you back!

Step 3: Place your kids decal on the painted canvas. It can be centered, off-centered, whatever looks good to you. The best part about this is, you can reposition your kids decals as many times as you want until it meets your satisfaction!

Step 4: Decorate the canvas. Its best to use a pencil or chalk to sketch out your plan before you start painting it. Some fun options include dots, stripes and scallops to name a few examples. The easiest way to create dots is to buy a pre-cut sponge in the size circle/ dot that you want. Again you can find these in the general crafts department of your craft store. You could even try some polka dots as a background before you put the kids decal on it. Stripes; make them straight, squiggled or different width and colors. I highly recommend using a ruler or small craft level to give yourself a guideline for these stripes, even squiggly stripes. Its better to have a "straight" squiggle than a crooked one! The best way I know to create a scalloped edge is to start by finding a small round object from around your house. Place the round object on your canvas and trace the top halp of the circle along the edge of your canvas. Continue to repeat this until you've created a scalloped boarder. You could either paint the "inside" edge or "outside" edge of this scallop using a coordinating color to the background.

Step 5: Personalize it! You can easily personalize your wall art by adding your child's name or initials to it. If you're not very good at free handing a name, try printing it off your computer in the font and size you like. In order to get the name on your canvas, put some carbon copying paper behind your computer paper and trace the outline of the letters with a ball-point pen. When you pull up your paper and carbon you will have an outline of the name on your canvas. Simply paint it in and walla; you've got personalized wall art for your child's room

Step 6: Decorate the edge of your picture with ribbon, jute or twine. Simply use a glue gun to attach your accessories onto the edge of the canvas. You could also use jewels to decorate the front of art piece as well.

I hope this article has proven helpful and has opened your eyes to see that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to kids decals! Now you can create the perfect finishing touches to your child's room decor by creating your own art work using kids decals! What's not to love? It's a fun, affordable and stylish way to display your child's interests and passions!

By: Melanie Southall
Don't Forget to Prepare Something for Kids Use Kids Decals To Make Baby Gifts! What do I do if I am Accused of Child Abuse in Jefferson County, Colorado? Sex toys for satisfaction How Kids Like To Learn Helping Your Child To Deal With A Bully How to Get Your Kids to Understand That The Current Economy is Bad Without Scaring Them Pick out a pair of appropriated shoes that is good for children's growth Turning Your Child Into Hygiene-Conscious Individuals Fashionable Funky Organic Children Clothing For Your Tiny Tot Will Our Kids Grow Up Holding Credit Cards? The Choices In Kids Beach Towels Good Eye Care For Children
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.251.37) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.015741 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 6287, 956,
Using Kids Decals To Create Kid's Art! Copenhagen