Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » User Review: Dell Studio XPS 16 Update
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

User Review: Dell Studio XPS 16 Update

User Review: Dell XPS Studio 16 Article Content Update User Review: Dell XPS Studio

16 Update Dell XPS Studio User Review: Performance and battery life Currently, the most efficient laptops offered by Dell Alienware short, Dell Studio XPS 16 is an elegant, performance-class machine. Recently refreshed Dell machines, adding new processors and the Intel Core series processors and advanced ATI graphics card. However, depending on the option chosen, you can also place a strong price.

Buy Dell XPS Studio 16(320GB HDD, 4GB)

Dell Home Systems $949.99

See all prices for Dell Studio XPS 16(320GB HDD, 4GB)

We Dell XPS Studio 1645 have the following requirements:

Obsidian Black 16 1080p(19201080) RGBLED In screen Intel Core i7 720QM(1.6GHz/2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6 MB Intel Smart Cache) Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 1 GB 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz(4 GB + 2 GB) 500GB 7200RPM hard drive with the sensor free fall(Seagate Momentus 7200.4/ST9500420ASG) Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5300AGN Slot Blu-ray rewritable drive 9 cell Lithium-Ion(85Whr) Weight: 6.3 kg(listed on the Dell website) Size: 15.15 (W) x 10 02(D) x 0.95 / 1.34(front / rear H) MSRP: $2,124

Studio XPS 16 starts from $949 to the base, 15.6 model. Unfortunately, getting 16 RGDLED screen is a bit complicated recently, a number of configurations does not seem to offer. Last time I checked, one-way on the screen will be ordered from Dells small business(which means that you have to be satisfied with Core i5). Other available 1080p screen 15.6 WLED LCD.

I got this computer a few months ago as a refurbished warranty / replacement of ADR for my aging Inspiron E1505, which began to break down. Therefore, the assessment will reflect my impressions machines within a few weeks.

Design and build

Dell Studio XPS 16 is a study in contrasts: smooth but a big, stylish, but bulky. silver and black lacquer finish makes it stylish without being garish in the least. Unfortunately, because it is a high gloss finish attracts fingerprints like crazy. In addition, oil from hands(and nothing else on them) rubs off on the finish and is transferred to the screen when you close it(the screen is not in recess).

structure is mainly made of plastic(even-looking metal finish) but it is quite strong. It creaks a bit if you grab it by the sides, but I do not feel, it will fall apart. Some of the trim near the line of the screen is not ideal, but rather put a small scratch on the bottom of the screen(hard to imagine how much it really looks like.) Im not sure if this is a bug in my computer or a general problem. The hinges are quite large, and the screen is a bit of effort to open. Wrinkles appear on the screen of moderate to severe pressure is applied to the lid, as a result possession of such a large screen. There are 16 machine, Studio XPS 16 has a little weight, which requires the use of both hands to carry it.

If you feel that your notebook is no doubt the quality of the performance, please note that this is a big 16-incher, and is therefore very suitable for its size. And around the machine carried out in padded Messenger Bag to and from classes at the university for several months, and serves me very well(my arm originally had a different opinion, but it gets used quickly). But I agree that it could be a bit more efficient. Incidentally, Studio XPS 16 is part of(almost) Messenger Bag for 15.4 laptops.

All cover at the bottom can be removed to access hard disk and memory. And it makes a lot more slim line, it makes changes to modernize a bit more work. However, if you take out the keyboard(or similar), nothing is terribly annoying.

Screen and speakers

There is only one word on the screen: WOW! This is simply the best screen I have ever seen, and it made me terribly broken. native resolution is 1920 x 1080(1080p, Full HD) color saturation is very high(maybe a bit too high, especially for reds), and the contrast is perfect. A backlight is ridiculously clear that the advance is that the screen is useful, even in bright indoor lighting. Unfortunately, I ran into a little the problem at this point, as the screen flicker from time to time, when the brightness is about 50% or less(only in case of large areas of white are present on the screen). There is so fast that I found myself questions whether it really happened. In Anyway this is just mildly annoying, and the solution is to get used to higher levels of brightness.

(These pictures just do not to justice the screen. My old one MP Pentax serious problems with getting pictures on the screen in the dark).

viewing angles on this screen is very impressive. Level, brightness at a slightly declining ~ 50 degrees, the screen and the sound becomes a bit more red. However, it still looks great, and remains legible even when viewed from almost 90 degrees to the side. This makes it easy for many people, view on screen simultaneously. Vertically, the viewing angles are very good, with the colors down to 50 degrees above or below the screen. The screen is glossy, and actually has a layer of glass before him, that extends to the edge of the frame(and thus is a frameless design). Reflections can be a problem, but the brightness can be increased to counteract. It is the camera and dual-array microphone on the screen. The camera has a free refresh rate and produces a grainy image. It can be used with face recognition to log on to the computer, but this feature seems to be working with intervals. I did not test the microphone.

When I was quite impressed with how the screen, I was pleased but not blown away by the speakers. My old Inspiron E1505 actually had very good speakers, but lacked bass. Studio XPS 1916 certainly has a subwoofer and the bass is impressive for a laptop. However, the speakers sound a bit tinny on the page(as they are small, that is). Tom has a nice range and can easily fill in small and medium-sized room. Few have distortion at high volumes . The speakers have little directional effect, and some the size of drop-off at a right angle. Two headphone jack does not see static.

Keyboard and Touchpad

keys are quite flat, ridged shape. This allows the keys to the spaced very close together, keeping fingers away from each other enough. The keys have a fairly short throw and is fairly quiet, unless they strike a lot of strength. We firmly pressing on the keyboard does not give discernible flex. Studio XPS 16 is missing the numeric keypad(as opposed to my E1505, it is even built in the middle of the keyboard and activated by the Fn key) and the Home, PgDn, PgUp, End keys are placed just right of the backspace and enter keys. Nice bonus is the light that has three settings(high, low and off).

Studio XPS 16-touch-activated sports media control keyboard. Their white backlight remains regardless of the backlight keyboard settings, but I found it tasteful. One nitpick is that they often hit the eject button by mistake while trying to press the Delete. touchpad is almost entirely smooth, with a little texture. buttons require very little force to press but are recessed enough to prevent accidental clicking. Like the keyboard, they are a little bit of noise when pressed.

Ports and Features

Studio XPS 16 has an impressive range of ports. In particular, it has two headphone jacks, eSATA / USB combo connector, DisplayPort connector and HDMI port. One nitpick can be found in this section is that it has only three USB ports. Another is that the power cord has a nasty habit falling out of the plug, if you hung a certain way(I have a problem with my old machine is likely to experience related to wear on the plug).

Left: Kensington Lock slot, VGA, 1000Mbps Ethernet, DisplayPort, HDMI, 2x USB 2.0, microphone and 2 headphone jacks

Right Side: ExpressCard port, media card reader, IEEE 1394, Mini, slot-loading Blu-ray RW drive eSATA / USB 2.0 Combo Power jack.

Front: indicators(hard drive, Bluetooth, WiFi and LAN)

Back

Next Page(2)>

Via: User Review: Dell Studio XPS 16 Update

Related Posting Search Result:Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro(mid 2009) User Review

by Buddy Sun Apple updated its line of MacBook and MacBook Pro on June 8, 2009 with faster processors, SD card s...HP Mini 100e Review

HP Mini-Review Article 100e content HP Mini-100e Review HP Mini-100e Performance Benchmarks & B...ASUS Eee PC 1215N Review

ASUS Eee PC content 1215N Review Article ASUS Eee PC 1215N Review ASUS Eee PC 1215N Productivit...Lenovo ThinkPad T410s Review

Lenovo ThinkPad content T410s Review Article Lenovo ThinkPad T410s Review Lenovo ThinkPad Perfo...Toshiba Portege A605 Review

Toshiba Portege A605 Review the wording of Article Toshiba Portege A605 Review Toshiba Portege ...HP 4720s ProBook Review

HP 4720s ProBook Review the wording of Article HP 4720s ProBook Review HP ProBook 4720s Product...

User Review: Dell Studio XPS 16 Update

By: blue95
Ultimate Stretcher Review - Does The Ultimate Stretcher Work? Elizabeth Ardens Prevage Review - How To Use Prevage A huge review of the available applications GTD Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro(mid 2009) User Review Cpa Instruments Review Jason Hicks Second Chance Romance Review Is It Really Mind Control? Save Lots Of Money On Shopping With Best Buy Coupons Save Money in Japan Point Card Blendtec Review Budget Hotels In Bangalore Flexibility To Adjust Your Length Of Stay Nextiva Reviews Would you like to earn money with GDI? Make Money Doing Surveys
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.13.255) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.018257 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 74 , 9775, 385,
User Review: Dell Studio XPS 16 Update Campo Grande