Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Twitter: Suspended Accounts
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Twitter: Suspended Accounts

Twitter: Suspended Accounts

How can I tell if my account is suspended?

If you suspect that your account has been suspended, you can find out by visiting your profile page. Go to twitter.com/[username], where you replace [username] with your username. You can also attempt to log in; if youre suspended, your account will have a red warning box on your timeline notifying you of account suspension.

When an account is suspended, twitter replaces the profile page with a page stating the account was suspended. You may have encountered this page when trying to view the profile of a new follower. For instance, if the follower violated twitter's Terms of Service, this profile may already have been suspended as spam.

Why are accounts suspended?

Accounts are generally suspended for violations of the Twitter Rules. Please read the rules to find out more about specific violations.

Sometimes, twitter suspend accounts that have suspicious updates or post links to malicious websites. These accounts may have been compromised or have given their username and password out to another website.

Also, when creating a twitter account, be sure to use a valid email address. An invalid email address can raise a 'red flag' if twitter sends a welcome message and the address is reported as invalid or undeliverable.

Another thing to avoid is using online automated programs that manipulate your twitter account, without your direct control. For instance, if you submit a list or text file of tweets that you would like posted in a scheduled manner, sometimes these services have limited schedule times, like hourly, daily or weekly. If a perso wants to tweet an announcement and chooses hourly, twitter will reject the tweet as a duplicate post. And while you are off line, or away, this online software is only following the limited options available to you, and is trying to submit your tweet.

This could raise a red flag of 'suspicious activity' and thus trigger your account to be suspended.

How do I find out why my account was suspended, or get account suspension lifted?

To contest an account suspension, you would submit a request to twitter through their support service. Once you've submitted your ticket, theyll email you a ticket confirmation with more information. You can check on your ticket status anytime by visiting Twitter Support and clicking "check on your existing requests."

But if any of you have had to go down this route, then you have probably found this fruitless and still have a suspended account. Getting your account suspension lifted may very well take longer than it would to make a new account and start over!

But then you still run the same risk of having your new account suspended, after your hard work of getting followers again, for the same reasons as before.

What steps can I take to avoid these suspensions?

As I stated before, using online websites that automate your twitter account, are not in your direct control. And therefore you run the risk of them inadvertently violating twitter rules, or causing a red flag to your account for suspicious activity.

I have evaluated, and currently use desktop based software called TweetAdder. What I have found is that I can directly control all facets of my twitter account. I can control the ratio of following and followers, I control who I follow, when I follow, and how many. It lets me know when I have reached the limits of how many I can follow in that time period. I have control over my tweets, and how many I want to send, and when, and if I want them to repeat or just end after it uses up the text file. I do my searches right from the software and it saves the findings, so if I want to follow the users it found later I can and it automates this process. I have real time reports about the status of my twitter account. I control automated direct messages, when they are sent, how many to send too and how many messages to include. It automatically unfollows users that are not following me, in the time frame that I specify that users would have had time to follow.

And many more features, that will be listed, later in this article.

But the point being that it's always best to have direct control over your twitter account, especially if you use it for business, so that you know 'real time' what is happening on your account. And you don't have to worry about a site being down, or over capacitated, to change any settings for your account.

In conclusion, I would just like to say that, you need to be aware of your twitter account, even if you have it automated. Especially if you are intending to run multiple accounts, you need to trust the automated process that you have chosen to run your account(s).

It's not funny to build a following of 100's or 1000's of people, and then log onto your account to find it suspended, with no real chance of having it back. All because the automated process wasn't smart enough to stay within the limitations of twitter policy.

If you have already seen that red banner when you log into your account 'account suspended' then you know that sinking disappointment and frustration. But for those of you who havent, it may very well be a matter of time, or you have found your own way to juggle the ratios and limits to fly under the radar. Either way the goal is to keep your account, and this method has worked for me.

Here are the features of the software that I mentioned:

> Increase Twitter and Site Traffic to your event, charity, service, business, band, or website

> Find Like Minded Twitter Followers in Seconds

> Auto Follow up to 1000 Targeted Profiles per Day

> Get up to 500 new twitter followers per day per profile

> Multiple Accounts, Unlimited Twitter Profiles & Chaining

> Automate Twitter Posts, Scheduled Tweets, Stay active without actually being active

> Automate Scheduled Direct Messages

> Auto Unfollow, VIP Safe List

> Best Twitter Search, including Global Location and Multi Language Searches

> Set it and Forget It! Runs Daily, Automatically

> Every Twitter Feature imaginable!

> Spend time with your family, take off for the weekend, go on vacation! Well do the rest!

I wish all of you happy twittering.

by: Brash911
How To Make Money Online By Writing Articles Is There Such A Thing As A Recession Proof Business? The Ongoing Benefits Of Online Article Submissions Trade-in Your Website Get 50% Off Work At Home Business Information Can Save You Aggravation Internet Marketing- Exposing The Myths, Lies, And Half Truths Of Internet Marketing Blog - Why You Should Get One Little Information About Optimizing A Website How To Generate Traffic With Help Of Article Directory And Article Marketing Internet Marketing For Beginners How To Start A Home Based Business For Stay At Home Moms Facebook Applications Are You Promoting Your Business? Why Cant People Accept The Fashion Word-net Mate
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.128.199.162) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.014710 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 70 , 6556, 973,
Twitter: Suspended Accounts Ann Arbor