Insurances.net
insurances.net » Baby Insurance » Toddler Baby? At What Point Does A Baby Become A Toddler?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Toddler Baby? At What Point Does A Baby Become A Toddler?

Toddler Baby? At What Point Does A Baby Become A Toddler?

When talking with parents of young children, you often hear them referred to as a baby or a toddler

. And then there are those who refer to them as their 16 month old and so on. It seems age is part of the determination between babies and toddlers. But I ask you at what age does a baby become a toddler?

Just for fun I went to various online dictionaries to see what they said. I found the following definitions: A baby is from birth to one year. Or one who has not yet begun to walk or talk. So does that mean if your baby is one year old and can walk but can't talk then they are still a baby? If the baby is walking are you defining the child as a toddler? Another definition states a very young child; an infant. Well, is it an infant or a child? Isn't an infant a baby? In that same dictionary it says the youngest member of a family. What if the youngest family member is 25 years old? Just kidding, I know what they mean. Then there are those who act like a baby. So many ways I could be distracted, but I wasn't going to go there. I am just trying to keep to the phrase toddler baby.

Next I went to the definitions of a toddler. You are going to love what I found as definitions of a toddler. A toddler by one definition is a young child. So I ask myself how young is young? A toddler is a young child who is of the age of learning to walk, between infancy and childhood. Doesn't infancy refer to infant? An infant doesn't walk! Toddling usually begins between the ages of 3 and 6 years. Six years! In my opinion I think that definition is a bit off! A toddler is a quite young human being, typically two to three years old, but can refer to any child that has started walking, up to about four years old, or at the time they have mastered walking. So does that mean once you have mastered walking the child is no longer a toddler? A toddler is a young child who is of the age of learning to walk, between infancy and childhood. There's that word infancy again! Toddling usually begins between the ages of 12 and 18 months. During the toddler stage, the child also learns a great deal about social roles, develops motor skills, and first starts to use language.

A child aged between one year and three years. Another definition says a child whose age is fifteen (15) months to two (2) yearsToddler Baby? At What Point Does A Baby Become A Toddler?

As you can see the definitions for toddler vary widely. It seems that a toddler is based mostly on whether or not they are walking and how well they are walking. When I have been shopping online or in department stores for toddler baby clothes I have noticed that after 18 months clothes go to 2T, indicating the clothing industry has established toddlers begin at the age of 2.

So the general conclusion here is it's your opinion that counts! You get to determine for yourself when a baby is a baby and when a baby becomes a toddler. Just remember when selecting toddler baby gifts that they are age appropriate.

by: Donna Randol
For Baby Shoes Of Choose And Buy A Few Notes To The Main Points The Perfect Baby Gift Baskets Baby Strollers - The Different Kinds That You Should Consider! What Are The Hidden Facts About Chinese Baby Names? Does the baby need a hat? Personalized Baby Blankets Are Great For Baby Baby Shower Thank You Gift - Tips And Wording Ideas For Your Shower Thank You Cards Baby Stroller Buying Tips Create The Barbie Look With Cute Baby Girl Clothes Why Is Baby Shopping Such A Meticulous Task Baby Gift Personalized Find Out Tips On How To Slim Down After Baby Beautiful Baby Hampers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.130.130) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.012532 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3070, 957,
Toddler Baby? At What Point Does A Baby Become A Toddler? Seattle