Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The role of the Private Sector in the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM)
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The role of the Private Sector in the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM)

STATEMENT BY ALLAN S. Tuborku-METZGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER

SIERRA LEONE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INDUSTRY AND AGRICULTURE

Your Excellency the President Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma,

Hon. Ministers,The role of the Private Sector in the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM)

Mr. Chairman,

Members of the Diplomatic Corp,

Distinguish Ladies and Gentlemen

It is a great pleasure for me to be here today. I would like to thank the entire national council of the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) for the kind invitation to participate in this important event. I am speaking today on behalf of Mr. Mohamed Babatunde Cole, President of the Sierra Leone Chamber of Commerce Industry ad Agriculture who intended to be with us today, unfortunately, he is unable to be here. I am charged with communicating a brief message on the role of the Private Sector within the APRM/NEPAD mission to Sierra Leone.

Mr. Chairman, it is not by mistake that the private Sector which I represent is here, because the role of the Private Sector in the AU/NEPAD frameworks as highlighted in the AU constitutive Act/Declarations and the NEPAD base document of October 2001 is very eminent for the Private sector to be part of the implementation of the NEPAD priorities.

Mr. Chairman, with such a high-level of business events within the APRM/NEPAD structure, I would like to recommend the adoption of strategies for the African Private Sector to forester national Private Sector Development and implementation of specific AU/NEPAD programs and projects.

Mr. Chairman, the following as priorities of NEPAD are also areas of mandate of the SLCCIA as the governing body of the Private Sector, issues like business, Agriculture and Industrialization. For this The Private Sector would like to be involve in

-Promoting direct linkage between the private sector in Africa on taking forward NEPAD implementation through ownership and leadership of AU/NEPAD frameworks such as CAADP, PIDA African Action Plan etc.

--Enhancing the competitiveness of the African exports through the business voice (Private Sector) through engagement with bilateral and multilateral processes including the GSP, AGOA and WTO Doha Development round.

Mr. Chairman, the Chamber of Commerce which is the umbrella for the Private Sector in our country is mandated to promote commercial, industrialization and Agricultural growth through the Private Sector.

Mr. Chairman, with reference to the above, and looking at the priorities of APRM/NEPAD they almost have similar vision, for this reason, I am convinced that the Private Sector is one of the main partner in this all important occasion.

Mr. Chairman, I believed with support from the APRM/NEPAD and close collaboration, the Private sector will be able to fully contribute in the following areas:

-Trade/Market Access and Foreign Direct Investment

-Establishment of Business incubators

-Public Private Partnerships and capacity building in sectors especially in Agriculture and Infrastructure

- Capacity development for the Private Sectors through initiatives such as Sierra Leone Productive capacity initiative.

-Agri-business

- SME's

- Technical Assistance for the Private Sector.

Mr. Chairman, at the moment the Chamber is working very hard to revamp its position in the Agricultural Sector in order to meet with upcoming challenges. It is also interesting to note that no country has met the material needs of its citizens or implemented sustainable social programmes without a dynamic private sector to mobilise savings and investment, create meaningful jobs, meet consumer demands, generate exports and contribute to tax revenues. So the Chamber as the umbrella of the private sector has a key role to play in the business community in terms of policy formulation, advocacy, business promotion etc.

Mr. Chairman, because of the need of the Private Sector in the entire activities of APRM/NEPAD I will encourage the national Council of the APRM/NEPAD TO involve the Chamber of Commerce industry and Agriculture to boost up the APRM implementation programs and further support the capacity building of the Chamber.

Finally, we look forward to our regular meetings and joint activities in the future.The role of the Private Sector in the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM)

Once again, on behalf of the President of the Sierra Leone Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Babatunde Cole, I am pleased to congratulate you on hosing a successful launching event like this.

Thank you for your kind attention.

By: Allan Metzger
Washington District of Columbia Area Alarm Systems For A More Stylish You American Crew Gel Top 5 Attractions Of Rajasthan Tourism Specific Travel Insurance For That Luxury Vacation Belizetravel Information Goa A Perfect Destination For Holidays In India Opt For A Luxury India Tour To Live The Fantasies Of The Rich A pill or just relax Nainital Tourist Destination Short Trips From Delhi To The Himalayas & Surrounding Regions Bubble Bursting On Last Minute Holidays Practical Facts And Information For Travel To Nairobi Why choose an expedition cruise over a land package or chose both depending upon the destination
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.189.186.214) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.015130 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 58 , 4718, 954,
The role of the Private Sector in the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) Pirapozinho