Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The annual Weston Super Mare enduro beach race!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The annual Weston Super Mare enduro beach race!

Did you know that every year in the early autumn period when the tide is at its lowest Weston Super Mare plays host to an amazing endurance motorbike beach race? It's usually staged in October but the specific time of the month which the event can be hosted is dictated by the treacherous seven estuary tide levels.

I have done an Internet search to see if there are other races similar to this one in the UK but can't find any! So unless you are really into bike racing you will probably not see another event like this one anywhere in the UK today, although I may be wrong!

If you are familiar with Weston Super Mare the race is held at the southern end of the beach and the main access point is right in front of the old Weston Super Mare hospital at the end of the Beach lawns.The annual Weston Super Mare enduro beach race!

The preparation for this spectacular event starts a couple of weeks before the event and the first things which notify the local population that the weekend is not that far away is the arrival of large earthmoving vehicles such as diggers and bulldozers. These powerful machines immediately go to work and quickly transform the beach into a racetrack.

As the beach is transformed into a race track a small army of workmen correcting scaffold for some of the jumps go to work, and an endless stream of lorry's carrying strong fencing and barriers to separate the competitors from the spectators arrive.

The endure race is held on both the Saturday and the Sunday and one day they race powerful quad bikes and on the other they race trial bikes as well as motorbikes and side cars, and from a spectators point of view both are really interesting to watch.

Within the first action packed lap or two the bikes and quads start to make the course EXTRA testing as they find the soft spots at the corners and the approaches to the jumps.

These wet spots and holes quickly get deeper and wider making it really interesting for spectators, many of which spend the majority of the race attempting to free their machines from these quagmires only to be captured by them again on the very next lap.

To make this race even more interesting for the spectators some of the more fun loving among the competitors race in fancy dress and brings an extra big smile to your face as you see Batman or a mountain gorilla appearing over one of the jumps.

Starting at midday the race seems to go on for approximately 3 hours which in the cold autumn breeze make you appreciate just how difficult it really is for the riders and just how fit the finishing competitors need to be.

The event is noisy and exciting and I am glad that it is only held once a year, because I always return home cold and smelly with sand in my hair, but I wouldn't miss if for the World. I really encourage you to see it once for yourself because even if the day is cold and wet I am certain you will have a great day out and become instantly addicted to returning to watch it year after year.
Christmas Party Balloons India Tour: Enjoy Every moment of life here Exciting and Popular India Tour Packages How to Spend Spring with Your Dog GPS: A Perfect Travel Guide Visit Cultural Destinations in Nikko, Japan Spice Up Your Christmas With Christmas Costume Get fabulous your Christmas with Christmas Costume Bamiyan Tourist Spots Entourage Recovery When Exporting and Rebuilding of Database Fails Great Value Traveling Offers Travel time for Silver Savers Branson Show Tickets to Experience the American Dream Ideas for Unforgettable All Inclusive Cuba Holidays
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.199.122) / Processed in 0.005309 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3111, 954,