Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » The Tipping Point In Your Steps To Financial Freedom
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

The Tipping Point In Your Steps To Financial Freedom

As I started to take steps to financial freedom

, I realised that Malcolm Gladwells notion of the tipping point fits extremely well with Jeff Olsens concept of the slight edge.

Gladwell introduces the idea of the tipping point with reference to social epidemics a good example being the way that news of the resurgence of US forces was passed around before the defeat of the British in the American War of Independence. A modern example might be a viral news story which finds its way around the world rapidly via the internet such as the moment captured on film when a whale crashed down on a private yacht off the coast of South Africa.

The slight edge comes from combining a series of small regular steps into a momentum for change. A whole series of slight edge changes combine to create a tipping point and lasting change is assured.

The notion of the tipping point is apparent everywhere the moment we start to look no more so than when a committed decision is made to achieve financial freedom. After a period of slight edge changes, someone reaches their own financial freedom tipping point and realizes that the goal is highly achievable and literally just around the corner. Passive income starts being created, debts are cleared, investments and assets start building up. Until that point, it all feels like hard work with no reward.

Another example comes from the area of health and weight loss. Four years ago, I weighed 50 lbs (22.5 kgs) more than I do now. I made a committed decision to lose a specific amount of weight in particular period of time (6 months) for my own unique set of powerful reasons. Before long, my brain was making healthy choices because my body wanted them, not because of any external force or pressure. I can remember reaching the tipping point after about 10 weeks and after that, it was easy to go on and achieve the weight loss goal.

Its often been said that achieving financial freedom, as with any other form of major life success is an inside job. In other words, you have to change on the inside for the circumstances and results in your life to change on the outside.

Sometimes, especially in the early stages of the journey and when the cynics have come out to play, its hard to keep the momentum going. However, recognizing that you have reached the tipping point on your steps to financial freedom and that momentum is now unstoppable is a remarkable and very reassuring feeling. You can enjoy that feeling in fact its your birthright!

by: andrew bridgewater
Reviewing The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown FAP Turbo Review - Facts About the FAP Turbo Expert Adviser! Keeping The Buffet Caterer In The Loop A Buffet Caterer Helps Make Your Event Run Smoothly FAP Turbo Review - Some Technical Details About the FAP Turbo! Reviewing the Dahle 500 Personal Rolling Trimmer Review of LG 19-inch flexible ePaper Prototype Save Money By Eating Together An Introduction To Make Money Taking Surveys The Cannon Gas Cooker Models An Principal Even Though Budget Hawaiian Islands Rest Deals In Conjunction With Boxes Astraweb Review - A Review Of Astraweb Make Even More Money With Logobee
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.234.159) New York / New York City Processed in 0.025954 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2653, 385,
The Tipping Point In Your Steps To Financial Freedom New York City