Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » The Super-Ten "Safe-Smarts Rules" for Kids and Grownups!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Super-Ten "Safe-Smarts Rules" for Kids and Grownups!

Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf? How about the boogeyman? Okay, good -- so we've got those two covered!

But how about the ice cream man, or the next door neighbor, or the after-school sports coach? Now, before you get mad at me for picking on those three, let me just say I have nothing against any of these community members! In fact, my daughter and I buy Fudgsicles from our local ice cream man at the park all the time, and I have a terrific next- door neighbor. So why bring them up?

Becauseas a child safety advocate and sexual abuse prevention educator, it's my job to make sure that we are teaching our kids about personal safety in the most effective, up to date manner.The Super-Ten "Safe-Smarts Rules" for Kids and Grownups!

By now, most parents know that the "stranger-danger" concept is outdated and doesn't serve our children. And, many parents are at least somewhat familiar with the statistic that 90 percent of childhood molestation occurs by someone the child knows, not by a stranger.

Does this mean we should teach our kids to fear everyone, or suspect that everybody out there in the world is a child molester? No, absolutely not! Most people are not waiting in the wings, ready to harm our kids the moment we turn our backs.

But, unfortunately, we do live in a world where childhood sexual abuse exists and the best way to protect kids is toEMPOWER them with the right kind of safety information. So, how do we begin to teach our children how to interact with various adults every day without being taken advantage of?

You can start by usingThe Super-Ten "Safe- Smarts" Rules For Kids and Grownups!

Consider this: Most kids understand the concept of rules. Whether they're at school, on the playground or at home, they know there are certain acceptable behaviors and guidelines that they're expected to follow. In fact, kids count on this kind of structure as they navigate through their world. It's how they get through their day!

By giving kids the Super Ten Rules, we're empowering them with clear, child-friendly"do's and don'ts" that will keep them safe. The rules let kids know that they have rights, and can take action when they need to.

The great thing about the Super-Ten is that they apply to all kinds of situations with people that our children: know a lot, know a little bit, or don't know at all.

The Super-Ten Rules work because they can help kids (and parents) identify a"thumbs up or thumbs down" situation or spot a potential red flag in another person's behavior.

Whether it's to keep kids safe around their soccer coach or the stranger at the park, the Super Ten Rules are an effective way to get the conversation started. Look for teachable moments: on your way to an outing or playdate, as you're setting the table at dinnertime, or even when you're running errands together. You can even play a light-hearted game of"What If?" as you work on strengthening their understanding of the rules. Just keep the tone upbeat and remind your kids that they can be safe, strong, and in charge!

The Super-Ten Safe-Smarts Rules For Kids and Grownups!

1. I am theBoss of My Body! I have theright to beSAFE!

2. I know myname, address and phone number and myparents' cell phone number, too.

3. Safe Grownups Don't Ask Kids for Help When You're By Yourself. (They should go to other adults for assistance)

4. Inever go ANYWHERE ortake ANYTHING from someone I don't knowno matter what they say.

5. I alwaysCHECK FIRST and get permission before:I go anywhere, change my plans, or accept something even if it's from someone I know.

6. Everybody'sbathing suit areas on their body are private. No "bathing suit area" games allowed.

7. I don't have to be POLITE if someone makes me feel scared or uncomfortable. It's okay to sayNO! even to a grownup or a bigger kid if I have to.

8. Idon't keep SECRETS from my parents, especially if it's about my body.

9. If I ever get lost in a public place, I canFREEZE AND YELL or go to aMOM WITH KIDSand ask for help.

10. I always listen to my own inner voice especially if I getan "uh-oh" feeling.
Finding a Diet for ADHD Children Children Behavior - Know Precisely Your kids for Better Strengthening Free Samples for Teens How to Pick Perfect Presents for Kids Recognizing the 4 Types of Child Abuse Freebies for the Active Teens Kids' Bunk Beds - Answer to Your Children's Safety Issues Empower Your Child With Summer Fun Safety Tips! Setting Up the Perfect Room for Your Kids Contact Lenses - Ideal for Children? Map: Ho-Pin Tung boy racing sponsorship is a difficult question dream What Makes Pedal Go Karts Very Ideal for Kids Did You Buy the Right Backpack for Your Children?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.190.152.38) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.013471 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 4404, 956,
The Super-Ten "Safe-Smarts Rules" for Kids and Grownups! Pirapozinho