Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » The Reggie Bush Saga over taking Money
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

The Reggie Bush Saga over taking Money

Most people fall on one side or another on the rights of student athletes receiving money from the school or its boosters

. The NCAA will probably say it keeps purity in the sports or how it would be unfair to pay scholarship athletes and maybe no one else taking courses at the school. I have a very strong opinion that I will share with you below. This is just one mans opinion and in the land of the free and home of the brave we all have a right to our opinions even when they may seem wrong or uneducated to others. I will attempt to frame my position in logic but I know that my sarcasm will shine through on this piece. Please feel free to comment on why my position is either illogical or wrong based on facts not just the status quo. If we have learned anything in this country it is that we are capable of handling change and adopting new standards of conduct based on our history.

At this moment the Heisman Trophy awarding agency is looking into whether are not they should strip Reggie Bush of his award based on the sanctions leveled by the NCAA. This issue has nothing to do with his performance on the field but according to NCAA officials He was ineligible to play football that season based on their investigation into him (Bush) taking monies from boosters to the university. This saga has been played out in many universities across the nation because the lure for student athletes who hail from humble beginnings to take money is sometimes to tempting to ignore. My solution is simple, punish athletes for taking steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. Punish Athletes for getting in trouble off the field (getting arrested for crimes against others or property) but to punish an athlete for something that has nothing to do with their performance on the field is some what fishy.

There is a way to stop punishing athletes for taking money...PAY THEM....and please don't you people start complaining about how he received a scholarship. He made Millions for that school and helped them win a National Championship which brought in millions more in TV revenue and recruits to boot. Now if the players were allowed to receive payments there would be no issue. A lot of player that make millions of dollars for their schools in basketball and football come from meager backgrounds. They don't have a lot of money nor do their families so who pays for the family to travel to see their kids play? Who pays for the hotel and food for the families? Most of these scholarship athletes more then pay for their scholarship 100 times over and yet we are here griping about them taking money? I am sorry that no one pays to see cricket or volleyball but people pay to see football and basketball (the percentages prove this) The school receives millions of dollars in TV, Advertising, jerseys sales, School sports paraphernalia sales and Conference money because they bring in kids that the public wants to see right? So why not just pay them a percentage however small of the monies that they bring in through their playing.

No one pays to see the coach but yet they get paid, no one pays to see the AD (Athletic Director) but yet they get paid and so do the referees but the reason that people are in the seats we take this holier than thou approach to why they shouldn't get paid. Maybe next time you go to a game all the scholarship athletes will just sit on the sidelines and read their books and study for class and see how much you would be willing to pay then? This is what other scholarship students do, they study and go to class and earn their university zero dollars. So please explain this to me on, if they don't make dollars it don't make sense!!

I use that analogy to show you that many universities and especially USC make 10's 100's of millions of dollars based on their sports programs and that the basketball and football programs of those schools usually make the lion share of this money. How else would these schools be able to pay for programs that don't support themselves?

The Reggie Bush Saga over taking Money

By: Clinton Lee
Idol Lash Review - Best Lash Enhancer How To Get The Best Liposuction Surgeon For Your Money Low-budget Break Bargains To Exhilirate You: Rooms, Plane Tickets, Eating Areas, Malls, Enjoyment, A Nail Fungus Treatment Reviews Best Inexpensive Wrinkle Cream For the Money iMMACC Review - How to Get iMMACC-ulate Results With iMMACC Functional Editorials Discussing Ways On How To Get Small Budget Ticket Rates Handy Items Discussing Recommendations On How To Get Hold Of Within The Budget Air Ticket Rates Beneficial Essays About Recommendations On How To Discover Small Budget Plane Ticket Costs Useful Editorials Discussing Secrets On How To Get Hold Of Within The Budget Ticket Rates Hyper FB Traffic Review - It Won't Work For You Extenze Reviews: Saving You Money And Time Valuable Papers On Ways On How To Discover Small Budget Plane Seat Rates
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.106.199) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012565 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 4183, 385,
The Reggie Bush Saga over taking Money Copenhagen