Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » The Power Of The Dog - When To Say Goodbye
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Power Of The Dog - When To Say Goodbye

The Power Of The Dog - When To Say Goodbye

The most agonizing decision most of us will ever make is whens the right time to say good-bye to your best friend?

Lately your buddy has not been doing so well. The ol girl is starting to bump into things. The other night, he slept in his own pee. She hasnt eaten in days. Its impossible for him to make it up-or-down the few steps leading to the backyard. This morning you heard her whimpering in the other room and it just broke your heart.

Ask yourself, Am I keeping my closest companion alive for me or for them? Your answer should tell you what you need to do.

In the meantime, the poet and writer Rudyard Kipling wrote a verse that will help you sort through this moment. Its called The Power of the Dog.

There is sorrow enough in the natural way

From men and women to fill our day;

And when we are certain of sorrow in store,

Why do we always arrange for more?

Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy

Love unflinching that cannot lie

Perfect passion and worship fed

By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.

Nevertheless it is hardly fair

To risk your heart to a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits

Are closing in asthma, or tumor, or fits,

And the vet's unspoken prescription runs

To lethal chambers or loaded guns,

Then you will find--it's your own affair

But ... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,

With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)

When the spirit that answered your every mood

Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,

You will discover how much you care,

And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,

When it comes to burying Christian clay.

Our loves are not given, but only lent,

At compound interest of cent per cent.

Though it is not always the case, I believe,

That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:

For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,

A short-term loan is as bad as a long

So why in Heaven (before we are there)

Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

by: Jake Theron
Training A Fearful Dog Worlds Fattest Sausage Dog Put On Diet Pet Grooming Preparation Tips For Dog Owners How You Can Choose A Dog Collar - Go Through Before You Brilliant Leather Dog Collar Recommendation Dogtra Is A Premium Provider Of Training Collars How Training Your Dog Can Keep Them From Dangers How You Can Take Care Of Your Dog The Dog Listener Dog Training Techniques Leather Dog Collar Tips Dog Training Basics Find The Best Feed Store In Tucson For Your Pet Companions Croton Animal Hospital Providing Evolutionary Care To Pet Owners
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.107.96) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.012355 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 76 , 2496, 969,
The Power Of The Dog - When To Say Goodbye Casper