Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » The North Face Rucksack Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

The North Face Rucksack Review

The North Face Rucksack Review

The North Face(tm) Flyweight Rucksack retails for between $40-$60, and is available at most major sporting goods stores. It's designed with simplicity in mind, and it is reminiscent of early armed forces "stuff sacks," more suitable for storage than for carrying. Its simplicity is what will draw many, however, because it is far more versatile than a number of other forms of backpacks or rucks. Below I'll describe the advantages and disadvantages of the product, in addition to my recommendation for who would benefit most from it.

The Flyweight Rucksack is simply designed. One main compartment with a thin portion in the back, perfect for a hydration bladder (although a laptop fits there nicely too). It has three pouches on the exterior, two intended for liquid containers as well as the outermost one big enough for a emergency first aid kit. The top opens with a drawstring cord and is secured by a pressure clasp and has a top fold over piece secured by a standard backpack clip.

The material is 100% light-weight nylon material, heavily stitched in weight bearing portions. It's got several straps on the outside to tighten the pack, and has two light straps. The only additional feature is a small pouch near the the surface of the inside, which allows the pack to be stuffed into the pouch and zipped closed. This allows for the whole pack to condense into a three by three by one (3x3x1) inch square for easy storage.

I've tested the pack in the city (as being a regular backpack), as a ruck on a road hike, and as a travel backpack.

Backpack Use

The Flyweight Rucksack performs good, if not great, as a backpack. The lack of structure can make it crucial to place items carefully in the rucksack, single item misplaced can end up sitting on your spine if you aren't careful. For in the city, I'd look elsewhere. It also features a distinctly "military" look to it, especially in the green color.

Rucking

As a ruck, the product performs great. A well packed ruck, round on the outside and cushioning placed intentionally towards the back, allows this product to condense well and sits squarely wherever you place it. The only gripe I've got is with the straps; the thin straps bunched and curled on me at one point, causing me to have to stop for a couple minutes to right them. In their defense, it absolutely was raining heavily, however I expect better for the price of the ruck.

Travel Backpack

As a travel backpack the Flyweight Rucksack did a fantastic job. I used it as an overnight bag. The only downside is during transit, when you will need to place quick access items at the top or perhaps in the pouch for obvious reasons. If you don't need to access items quickly, it's a great choice for this use. I would recommend utilizing it together with a laptop bag or briefcase if going on an airplane. Remember that due to the light material and straps, it can carry a good load for its size.

That's it! This is a great product from The North Face, and I highly recommend it for anyone who rucks on a regular basis or would like an overnight bag they could throw together quickly and over the shoulder. The straps need work, but hopefully TNF will put out replacements or fix this issue in their next production line.

If you're in Arizona, take a look at a Grand Canyon rim to rim hike. Exciting and breathtakingly beautiful, Rim Country is an adventure destination that serious backpackers can't afford to miss. Yet another excellent way to explore the Southwest is to look into one of many Yosemite hiking trips. Whatever you choose, good luck and happy trails!
A Real Review About 1Weektowealth Canon 60d review Building a Personal Library on a Budget Basic Facts About Short Sale Refinance, Dade County How Money Problems Cause Stress Chiropractic – A License to Print Money? Save Deer, Save Your Money Three Reasons to Roll Your 401(k) Money to an IRA Top most One FAPTurbo Review - More About FAPTurbo HOW TO START AND REACH FINANCIAL GREATNESS Wooden Swing Sets Review Of The Sun Valley I And Sun Valley II Fap Turbo Reviews - Does Fap Turbo send? My FAP Turbo Person Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.245.236) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.012051 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3799, 385,
The North Face Rucksack Review Tel Aviv