Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Medical Bag for Travel
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Medical Bag for Travel

As I am going to be going on my honeymoon pretty soon, I thought that I would let you guys know what's inside my medical bag.

First of all why even take a medical bag with you on holiday?

After all you don't want to be taking packs of medication with you on holiday. Well that's exactly what I thought just before a short trip to India recently. The other half insisted that I take a back of all kinds of medicines with me. So, being a gentleman who didn't want to disappoint his future wife packed them into my bag knowing I wouldn't need to reach for that bag at all. How wrong was I!The Medical Bag for Travel

A week into my trip I decided to go out and eat at a popular restaurant. I was missing the trusty bag of Chips (Fries) and ordered myself a plate. The food was fantastic and I left a happy customer back to my hotel room. Later that night the trouble started, I'm not going to go into the gory detail of what happened next but I'm sure you can figure it out.

After my episode, I found myself reaching for that bag! Popped a few pills and I was okay after a few more episodes! To top that off, a few friends that I travelled with also got the "Delhi Belly" a couple of days later. What came to the rescue? Yes, you guessed it the medical bag! Don't you hate it when she is right!

So what is included in a well organised medical travel bag?

Paracetemol: The most essential and abundant pill in the world! Every time my head hurt or a friends head hurt, the trusty medical bag equipped with a box of these pills came in handy.

Throat Lozenges: When you travel to a distant country, the environment that you are in is totally different. In many countries like India natural fires are lit or using cow dung, now the smoke from these fires can give you a sore throat in a matter of days.

Nurofen: A more potent painkiller than just paracetemol, the women love it for obvious reasons. It also contains caffeine so you can get your fix at the same time!

Tissues: Quite obvious and not really "medical". The ladies have always got on in their bags and I totally understand why. The amount of times I reached into my medical bag for tissue is unbelievable.

Allergy Medicine: Sometimes also called motion sickness pills worked the best during my episode. Although it was a bout of food poisoning, the motion sickness pills really helped with the nausea. At the very least, these pills got me back on my feet quicker.The Medical Bag for Travel

Antacids: No doubt if you visit a place like India and eat the local food, you are going to get acid and maybe a bit of gas. Having some antacids with you will help you sleep after a spicy meal and avoid some embarrassing moments!

Anti-diarrhoea: Speaking of embarrassing moments, none could be more worse than the one I'm talking about here. Having Anti-diarrhoea tablets while on holiday are a true godsend! I was able to go about my daily business without having to worry about you know what.

Fibre Tablets: On the other end of the scale, you might find it difficult to go. My partner has this problem when we travel and all she does is pop one of these pills and all is back to normal.

Antiseptic Creams: Finally, you might cut or graze yourself while on holiday. If you are anything like me, who likes to do a few adventurous things, then this cream is helpful when an activity doesn't go as planned!
Portable Hot Tubs - Inexpensive Leisure That Goes Anywhere Important Preparations for a day Trip The Most Popular Festivals in Mexico Witness Majestic Events While Staying at Hotels in London Explore the Grandeur of the Royal Pink City with Jaipur Tourism Travel Guide Colorful Rajasthan Tour: Enjoy the Place for Great Experience Get Holiday Stress Under Control AFD Spring Brides American Idol 2011 Top 9 Performances Recap Zhouzhuang water township China Travel Guide Travel To India: A Great Way of Making Time Precious Day Tour and Trip to Alexandria City from Alexandria Port Rashid Day Tour from Alexandria Port
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.128.248) / Processed in 0.012270 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3526, 954,