Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » The Chihuahua Temperament: 7 Things You Should Know Before Investing in One
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

The Chihuahua Temperament: 7 Things You Should Know Before Investing in One

Owning a Chihuahua comes with a whole lot more than the typical wow factor

. You've seen it before; some young woman toting the dog around in her little Louis Vuitton bag fiending for attention. Trust me, the Chihuahua is far from a pri-madonna. Before you commit, getting to know the Chihuahua temperament is a wise move before you get magnetized by the little wonders. Though diminutive in size, the Chihuahua can be full of surprises. I want to share with you some things to consider prior to making the breed a part of your family.

Your wallet will love you, and your dog.

The thing that I appreciate the most about the Chihuahua temperament is it's very small appetite. One can argue that the Chihuahua only eats little because it IS little, but there are many other small breed dogs that can devour a feeding (and your wallet). In my ten years of owning Chihuahuas I can honestly say that I enjoy shopping for their food. You can invest in an extremely large bag of food and it would last you for months. This is great news for those of you that wish to splurge on your little dog. The Chihuahua's discretionary appetite will allow you to get the best of the premium foods and not have to rearrange your budget.

Fit is the word

Unlike most dog breeds, you will rarely find Chihuahua problems when it comes to their well being. These little guys are generally very healthy! Aside from being able to go all out on the best of foods, you'll be quite pleased to know that you won't have vet bills from out of this world. It has been reported that the Chihuahua will live for an average of 13 years. Some live as long as 18. There's no hip dysplasia or funky skin conditions to be concerned with, as those aren't staples in their bloodline. While any dog can fall victim to an illness, the Chihuahua boasts an immune system that is among the best of breeds.

Watch out!

One of the best parts of the Chihuahua temperament is it's natural watch dog ability. Notice I stated watch dog, not guard dog. There IS a difference. Of all the dog breeds I have owned and been around, the Chihuahua seems to have the most keen sense of hearing. Their naturally erect ears always seem to channel in on the faintest of strange sounds. They won't deter an intruder, but they sure will provide you with a very good head start. The Chihuahua also has an uncanny sense of smell to match. Mine will somehow always detect another dog with it's owner outside from the second floor...even with music at a considerably high level.

The little genius

The Chihuahua temperament is that of a very intelligent dog. Owning a Chihuahua will provide you with a lifetime of humor by the quirky things that they do and the priceless facial expressions that they give you. Most argue that it's one of the most untrainable breeds. I think that it's because they're so brilliant. As long as you remain firm with them and not give in to their faces, the Chihuahua will quickly understand the point you are trying to convey. It is recommended that you paper train them. At times they will boycott going outside, especially when it's raining.

It Doesn't Take Much At All

I believe that Chihuahuas are the most low maintenance breed of dog you will find. They have world class portability (literally), they aren't rambunctious and won't get in the way (like Boxers), and they stay clean for the most part. The Chihuahua temperament will even allow you to bathe them in a sink. The only thing you should prepare yourself for is Chihuahua shedding. It's not bad, but asthmatics need to consider this. As far as exercise, the less the better. An apartment lifestyle is perfect. Just keep their walks to a minimum, or you'll end up carrying them back to the house.

Parents, be watchful

The Chihuahua temperament will absolutely not tolerate horseplay from your little ones. Unlike Bichons, Labs, and Golden Retrievers, your Chihuahua will get very nervous around your small kids. When our daughters were the ages of five and three, we as parents had to keep a very close eye on them. Because of the Chihuahua's size, little kids seem to think that they're playful. Your Chi will quickly let them know they aren't playing though by growling, or even snapping. We've made it work, but be vigilant. Kids ages 9 and up should have no worries, though.

He's all yours.

Prior to getting one, know that the Chihuahua is very possessive. The breed really loves their owner, and will defend it's territory...you! Even when part of a fairly big family. The Chihuahua temperament picks out one member and clings to them. Regardless of who feeds it regularly, the breed somehow bonds with one particular person in the home. Be aware of this, especially those in large families that wants to share laps.

For the most part Chihuahuas are very loving and harmonious dogs. Like any small breed, just pay particular attention to their location at all times. It doesn't take much to lose them under your feet while walking. Ouch! After all, they just want to be near their master at all times. Shower them with affection and you'll surely be rewarded with an unrivaled companionship for many years to come.

The Chihuahua Temperament: 7 Things You Should Know Before Investing in One

By: Kevin Timothy
Find The Best Dui Lawyer Money Can Buy. Getting In On Buy-To-Let Investing - What You Need To Know When To Hire A Probate Lawyer How to Find a Florida Malpratice Lawyers Investing: Basic Rules That Should Never Forget Domestic Abuse - A Case Needing An Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer Hire Beverly Hills divorce lawyer that understand your rights better Dui Can Mar Your Life: Los Angeles Dui Lawyers Can Help Los Angeles Dui Lawyers: Getting You Swift Justice Los Angeles Dui Lawyers: Your Options Are When Caught La Dui Lawyers: Ideal Places To Look For Them Los Angeles Dui Lawyer: Picking Out The Right One In The Crowd The Role Of Construction Lawyer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.100.205) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.012560 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 5543, 176,
The Chihuahua Temperament: 7 Things You Should Know Before Investing in One Tel Aviv