Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » The Anti-Tourist in Paris
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Anti-Tourist in Paris

To make my vacations more interesting, I sometimes like to make challenges for myself. During my trip to Paris, my challenge was to avoid everything typically associated with visiting the city of love. I didn't know what I'd do instead of visiting the Eiffel Tower; I just knew I wouldn't visit the Eiffel Tower. The results were interesting.

Instead of staying at a youth hostel in the city centre, I booked myself a room at a local hotel, which is located near Paris's Orly Airport. Instead of going straight to the city centre, I hopped on a bus and headed in the direction of Saint-Cloud, which is a suburb of Paris. Once there, I walked around aimlessly, found a delicious Asian restaurant and had a lovely vegetarian noodle dish.

My next suburb was Boulogne-Billancourt, which is home to an amazing park that's twice the size of New York's Central Park. Boulogne-Billancourt Park also serves as one the city's red light districts at night and kept me entertained until the early hours of the evening when I had to eat dinner.

I caught a bus nearby, unaware of its direction and final destination, and followed an attractive couple off the bus, with a vague assumption they'd lead me to a nice restaurant. My intuition turned out to be correct and I quit following them once I passed Les Allobroges Restaurant. The restaurant's prices were pretty reasonable and the cuisine was delicious. Afterwards, I took the advice of my waitress, and spent the rest of the night at a bar down the road.

Although it's often comforting to do what everyone else is doing in a foreign city, it's nice to try and do the opposite once in a while. Your experience will not always be perfect, but at least it will be your own.
Top 4 Hot Air Balloon Festivals from Around the World Two Days Trip To Cairo From Port Said Port Nice Hotels For Holidays Around The World Safemedtrip.com Launches World Class Non Surgical Treatment For Fibroids Reasonably priced Presents for The holiday season Cheap Flights To Orlando - Fly To Orlando, The Ideal Holiday Destination The Easy Way Learning Greek To Improve Your Traveling Experience This Christmas We Provide Cheap Goa Tours Package For You! The Best Bars In King's Cross, Sydney, Australia Antique Lamps – Nyonya - The Phoenix and the Peony Travel guide to Galway City which is occasionally known as Irelands City of the Tribes Car Makers Attract Buyers With Early Christmas Offers Phoenix Consultant
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.12.146.87) / Processed in 0.012418 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 1854, 954,