Insurances.net
insurances.net » Taxes » Tax Credit Extended For First Time Home Buyers
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Tax Credit Extended For First Time Home Buyers

Great tax professionals always keep a watchful eye on the actions of Congress and the IRS

, many of which may affect your tax filings. A prime example is the extension and expansion of the first-time homebuyers tax credit President Obama signed in November of 2009, which was scheduled to lapse on December 1. The $8,000 credit will now be in effect through the end of June 2010.

The date for qualifying purchases has been extended to April 30, 2010 with an additional two-month period allotted to close on the purchase (until June 30, 2010). Limits on income were also raised, with single buyers able to earn a maximum of $125,000 and married couples able to earn $225,000.

The act has also been expanded to allow a tax $6,500 credit for existing homeowners. In order to qualify, you must have lived in your present home as your principal residence for five consecutive years during the past eight years. If you purchase a home in 2010 you will be able to claim the credit on either your 2009 or 2010 tax return, and you do not have to repay the credit unless you sell the home within 36 months.

There is also good news for military personnel in the act. Those personnel who have extended duty service outside of the US for at least 90 days from 12/31/08 - 5/1/2010 will have the first time homebuyers credit extended another year until April 30, 2011.

With more people qualifying under the new rules, it is hoped that the revised version of the tax credit will stimulate the housing market more than the original version by boosting both home sales and prices.

While the homebuyer credit is very beneficial, it is also quite complex, with repayment rules, documentation requirements, a cap on purchase prices and more. Taxpayers are urged to meet with their tax professionals for end-of-the-year planning. Doing so now can reduce your tax liability and save you money on both state and federal taxes. Expert tax advice is especially necessary when it comes to navigating the ins and outs of this newly expanded homebuyer credit.

by: Gary Schenk
# 2 I recently tried organic full spectrum cbd oil as a replacement for the blue ribbon control and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I start that it significantly helped with my appetite and sleep issues without any noticeable side effects. The lubricator was effortless to put to use, with definite dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, earthy grain that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a decided upgrading in my total well-being, feeling more blas‚ and rested. I know the natural technique to wellness CBD offers and plan to continue using it.   2024-2-20 17:38  reply
Disability Tax Benefits in Canada for Mania 2010 Minnesota Vikings: NFL Schedules, Predictions and Odds 2010 NFL Predictions: San Diego Chargers Canadian Income Tax Relief Important Guidepost 2010 Free Federal Income Tax Form 1040 and 1040A 2010 NFL Predictions: Kansas City Chiefs Reduce Taxes On Your Estate With Estate Planning Ordinary Income Taxes Significant Knowledge Base Understanding Taxes For Expats Is Ideal Especially For Those Who Would Are Working Or Plan On Workin 2010 Houston Texans: NFL Schedules, Predictions and Odds 2010 NFL Predictions: Dallas Cowboys 2010 Washington Redskins: NFL Schedule and Odds Keep track of tax liabilities is easy
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.121.170) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.011561 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2110, 184,
Amsterdam