Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Stupid Mistakes I've Made During My Internet Marketing Career
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Stupid Mistakes I've Made During My Internet Marketing Career

Stupid Mistakes I've Made During My Internet Marketing Career

I got in this crazy business of Internet marketing teaching and training (i.e

. the Guru business) back in the AOL and Compuserve days.

I've been selling online ever since. And unfortunately, not every decision I've made or action I've taken has been a good or smart one.

I've enjoyed fabulous success online and still do. However, we all make mistakes, so I figured I'd share a few of mine with you in the hopes that you learn from my pain.

Here are a few bonehead things I've done:

Mistake 1: Using the name of my products as the title of my web pages. I still have web pages like this.

It's embarrassing actually!

For the record ladies and gentlemen, use the keywords you'd like to be ranked for in Google, Yahoo and MSN as the title of your web page.

Mistake 2: Getting into disagreements with other marketers.

I haven't had a lot of disagreements. But I've had a few over the course of my career. And I think every single one of them came back to haunt me.

You never know who the next superstar in this business is going to be. Your superstars are the ones who put on the big seminars and control public opinion.

The Internet marketing audience is very social proof driven. You may be top dog today and feel like you have the right to create a few enemies. Don't do it!

Mistake 3: Assuming you'll be as famous tomorrow as you are today.

The Internet marketing guru business is a celebrity business. Fame is fleeting, just as it is in Hollywood.

Mistake 4: Not having a coaching program.

Without a coaching program, people don't attribute their success to you. They simply see you as someone they bought a product from.

You need success stories from people who will attribute their success to your wisdom and guidance.

This is the job of a coaching program. You need one.

Mistake 5: Cutting down on my speaking schedule.

I'm human. My mom had Alzheimer's disease, so I cut down my speaking schedule. But once you cut down, it's challenging to rev back up. That's something I'm doing now.

But it certainly takes more effort than when I was being invited to almost every single event.

Mistake 6: Not supporting my friends in the business as much as I should have.

Everyone needs friends who will go to bat to their email list for them. I didn't do this with some of my closest friends, and I should have.

I regret not doing it.

Mistake 7: Not taking greater advantage of article marketing over the years. Articles are a great way to spread the word about your ideas and concepts.

Copyright (c) 2009 Marlon Sanders

by: Marlon Sanders
Online Gaming is the Way to Go Learn All About Marketing Products Online Planning Your Business Website How To Use Forums, Discussion Boards And Groups To Boost Your Online Business How To Write And Use Press Releases To Generate Huge Online Exposure And Profits The Internet Chat Rooms: Are We Missing The Point? Are You Too Old For Internet Marketing? Online Business Ideas - Best Ways To Use Social Bookmarking Using Videos To Market Your Business And Run It More Efficiently Twitter For Business: Finding Local People Pay Per Click - A Good Idea Steroid For Sale - Buy Anabolics Steroid Products Online Buy Anabolics Steroid Products - Steroid For Sale Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.154.39) Baden-Wurttemberg / Pforzheim Processed in 0.013389 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 50 , 2885, 973,
Stupid Mistakes I've Made During My Internet Marketing Career Pforzheim