Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Spicy Noodles Good For a Gluten and Nut Free Diet
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Spicy Noodles Good For a Gluten and Nut Free Diet

One of my family's favorite recipes is one passed on to me from a dear friend for Spicy Asian Noodles. It is packed with salty, spicy, sweet flavor but unfortunately it is also packed with wheat and peanuts, two things we avoid as some of us are on a gluten free diet and others have peanut allergies.

In attempting to re-invent the recipe I discovered the use of crunchy Sunbutter. Sunbutter is a peanut butter alternative that comes in several varieties. It is made with roasted sunflowers and is completely nut free, including tree nuts. Since it is also gluten and dairy free I have long since replaced my regular peanut butter with it. The taste is delicious and it is naturally good for you. It contains 1/3 less saturated fat than peanut butter, has double the fiber and the same amount of protein. It is naturally higher in Vitamin E and contains no trans fats.

This recipe is gluten free, nut free, dairy free and, if made with agave instead of honey, it's also vegan. However the taste is so amazing, no one will think it free of flavor!

Gluten Free Nut Free Spicy Noodles

Ingredients

1 pound gluten free noodles (can use gluten-free spaghetti or rice sticks, either thick or thin)

cup grapeseed or vegetable oil

cup of sesame oil

1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)

cup crunchy or creamy Sunbutter

6 tablespoons honey (to make vegan, substitute with agave)

5 tablespoons wheat free, gluten free soy sauce

2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced

bunch cilantro, chopped

salt & pepper

cup sesame seeds

Directions

Break the noodles in half and cook according to the directions. Drain and put in a large bowl.

In a medium saucepan heat the oils. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the Sunbutter, honey and soy sauce. Cook and stir for a minute or two to combine and melt the Sunbutter. Pour the mixture over the cooked noodles, reserve a couple tablespoons of the sliced green onions and cilantro for garnish and add the rest to the noodles. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Mix well. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Prior to serving garnish with the reserved sliced green onions and cilantro and the sesame seeds.

Serves6 8.
A Look At Diet Vs Training For Weight Loss Success All About Wedding Tablecloth Enjoying Florida Tours With Transportation Service Packages by:Andrew Beene Diet Meals On Wheels Budgeting: A Common Disastrous Flaw Freight Invoice Factoring-the Utmost Option For Trucking Companies To Meet Their Financial Obligatio Taylormade Burner SuperFast Driver 2010' Review How to quit snoring Reviewed London Minibus Hire The Most Beneficial Off Roading Spots by:Wendell Combs What Are Personal Injury Lawyers How to earn money 2 All About Getting a College Degree Online: But Were Afraid to Ask
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.201.71) / Processed in 0.005139 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 42 , 2508, 975,