Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Should I Insure My Shipment
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Should I Insure My Shipment

Should I Insure My Shipment

The question of insurance with couriers is one that almost every customer has when

they first start using a Denver courier service to move their goods for them. This is obviously a very legitimate concern. When another company has in their possession the fruits of your investments and labors, you want to make sure that nothing happens which is going to cause your company to lose money, and that means making sure that your shipment is adequately insured.

In almost every case though, this isn't going to require that you actually purchase insurance of your own to place on the courier shipment. In order to make sure though, there are some questions you are going to have to ask your courier directly about the insurance that they have in place. This is called courier insurance, and you want to know both what kinds of coverage that they have, and how much.

The kinds of courier insurance vary somewhat, but basically you want your courier company to tell you that their policy protects against as many different kinds of problems that might arise with a shipment as possible. A good courier policy should protect against damage to packages sustained both through vehicle accidents and weather or water damage, all of which are probably the most common types of damages to packages. They should also cover against theft and vandalism though, as these can also quickly cause loss.

The maximum amount that the courier has your packages insured for is something else that you really need to establish at the outset. A problem with this figure is the most common reason why people have to go and purchase additional insurance for their shipments. When you're shipping very valuable goods the courier company will often not have insurance which provides adequate coverage.

If you see that your goods are worth a much higher amount than the maximum amount that you would be able to claim through the courier's insurance policy should a loss occur, the first thing you should do is open a dialogue with them about their insurance options. Some courier companies have an agreement in place with their courier insurance provider that would allow them to sell you additional insurance to make sure that your goods are protected. In other cases, you may in fact be required to go abroad on your own and find an additional policy to insure your goods through.

by: Scott P Gallagher
Instant Payday Money Advance - As much as $1500 Wired By Today One Hour A Day For Success In Your Online Home Business! The Secret Towards Giving Your Woman Multiple Orgasms Revealed! Beautiful Themes For Girls Birthday Party Resume Is The Essential Possession For Job-hunting Check List To File A Claim Insurance For Your Roof Live cool this summer. Buy coolers from Retailmart Ithaca Art Uks Hand Crafted Reproductions Now Available Online Buyers Advice To Buying Cheap Electric Cookers Mindful Breakfast To Lose Weight Using Discipline to Succeed with an Online Savings Account A Comparison Between Commercial Open Source Web Development, Cms And E-commerce Systems.part 3 Reviewing The Martin Yale P7200 Rapid Fold Paper Folding Machine
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.225.11.98) Ljubljana / Ljubljana Processed in 0.026459 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2447, 975,
Should I Insure My Shipment Ljubljana